Our Private Equity attorneys counsel leading funds, independent sponsors, companies, institutional investors, family offices and high net worth individuals through all phases of their private equity, M&A and investment fund transactions. Why choose Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman?
Significant Expertise: Our law firm is a leading New York-based full service law firm with extensive transaction experience. Half of our 100+ attorneys practice transactional law (private equity, M&A, venture capital, investment funds, etc.). We routinely assist clients in structuring, negotiating and successfully closing their middle market private equity deals ranging from $1 million to $250+ million.
Value: Our attorneys have tremendous transactional expertise – but without the overhead of a larger firm, hence we offer a much stronger value proposition. In fact, a number of our laterals have joined from larger regional or Am Law 100 firms to provide higher value and cost-effective counsel.
Trusted Advisor: Our firm has a tremendous 50+ year legacy helping thousands of clients successfully close transactions. Our clients appreciate the practical and pro-active approach we take as legal counsel on their deals. A number of our team members have been ranked for excellence by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business; The Best Lawyers in America©; and Upstate New York Super Lawyers®: Leading M&A Lawyers and Leading Closely Held Business Lawyers.
Relationships/Connections: Because of our lengthy history of providing transaction services, we have relationships with a number of leading players in the deal community (lenders, investment bankers, placement agents, consultants, accountants, strategic partners, etc.) and we are happy to make introductions as appropriate.
Full Service: As a full service law firm, we are able to engage attorneys from any of our more than 25 practice areas when appropriate to advise on finance, tax, labor / employee benefits, executive compensation, real estate, environmental, intellectual property, antitrust, health care, commercial litigation, regulatory and securities matters.
For any questions on how we can assist, please contact John Koeppel, Leader of the Private Equity Team at 716-262-9330 / 646-673-8633 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you are welcome to reach out to your LMWF relationship contact.
A representative list of deals our Team has handled includes:
Acquisitions, Private Equity Investments and Co-Investments
- Represent clients on their acquisitions of companies, many of which are leveraged acquisitions ranging from $5 million to $100+ million of enterprise value. Our attorneys have wide transactional experience in multiple industries, including manufacturing, technology, health care, consumer products, business services, food and beverage, and energy.
- Represent sponsors and portfolio companies in connection with their roll-up acquisition strategies.
- Extensive representations of companies conducting a sale or divestiture of their business (whether stock, asset, merger or other, in both proprietary processes and auction sales).
- Represent multiple venture capital firms and/or companies on venture capital financings.
- Advised various sponsors and companies on growth equity investments.
- Counsel on equity and debt restructurings of portfolio companies, including dividend recapitalizations.
- Represent individuals or groups in management-led buy-outs of companies.
- Extensive experience representing various clients in their co-investment transactions.
- Advised numerous sponsors on fund formations involving buy-outs, venture capital, technology/intellectual property, real estate, fund-of-funds and other investment strategies (ranging in fund size from $5 million to $250+ million).
- Representation of various emerging fund managers on the successful launch of their first-time funds.
- Representation of new sponsors spinning out from an existing institution or group.
- Representations involving the transition from fund founders to the next generation of leaders.
- Counseled the advisory committees and/or specific investors in several investment funds in connection with the transitioning of fund management (whether as part of “cause,” “no fault” or negotiated circumstances).
- Acted as U.S. counsel to non-U.S. fund sponsors raising capital from U.S. investors and/or making U.S. investments.
- Advised numerous pledge and independent sponsors on the structuring and closing of their private equity transactions.
- Representation of fund of funds in formation, investment and/or secondary transactions.
- Extensive experience assisting clients with forming (or investing) in parallel and/or feeder fund structures.