Significant Expertise: Our law firm is a leading New York-based full service law firm with extensive transaction experience. Out of our 110+ attorneys, half practice transactional law (private equity, M&A, venture capital, investment funds, etc.). We routinely assist clients throughout the country in structuring, negotiating and successfully closing their middle market deals ranging from $1 million to $100+ million.
Value: Our attorneys have tremendous transactional expertise – but without the overhead of a larger firm, hence we offer a much stronger value proposition. In fact, a number of our laterals have joined from larger regional or Am Law 100 firms to provide higher value and cost-effective counsel.
Trusted Advisor: Our firm has a tremendous 50+ year legacy helping thousands of clients successfully close transactions. Our clients appreciate the practical and pro-active approach we take as legal counsel on their deals. A number of our team members have been ranked for excellence by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business; The Best Lawyers in America©; Super Lawyers®; Leading M&A Lawyers; Leading Closely Held Business Lawyers; and Dealmaker of the Year.
Relationships/Connections: Because of our lengthy history of providing transaction services, we have relationships with a number of leading players in the deal community (lenders, investment bankers, placement agents, consultants, accountants, strategic partners, etc.) and we are happy to make introductions as appropriate.
Full Service: As a full service law firm, we are able to engage attorneys from any of our more than 26 practice areas when appropriate to advise on finance, tax, labor / employee benefits, executive compensation, real estate, environmental, intellectual property, antitrust, health care, commercial litigation, regulatory and securities matters.
- Represent clients on their acquisitions of companies, many of which are leveraged acquisitions ranging from $1 million to $100+ million of enterprise value. Our attorneys have wide transactional experience in multiple industries, including manufacturing, technology, health care, education, consumer products, business services, food and beverage, and energy.
- Represent sponsors and portfolio companies in connection with their roll-up acquisitions.
- Extensive representations of companies conducting a sale or divestiture of their business (whether stock, asset, merger or other, in both proprietary processes and auction sales).
- Represent venture capital firms and/or companies on venture capital financings.
- Advised sponsors and companies on growth equity investments.
- Counsel on equity and debt financings/ restructurings of portfolio companies, including dividend recapitalizations.
- Represent individuals or groups in management-led buy-outs of companies.
- Extensive experience representing various clients in their co-investment transactions.
- Familarity with M&A representation and warranty insurance.
- Advise numerous sponsors on fund formations involving buy-outs, venture capital, technology, real estate, and other investment strategies (ranging in fund size from $5 million to $250+ million).
- Extensive experience with qualified opportunity zone (QOZ) investments.
- Represent various emerging fund managers on the successful launch of their first-time funds.
- Represent new sponsors spinning out from an existing institution or group.
- Counseled the advisory committees and/or specific investors in several investment funds in connection with the transitioning of fund management (whether as part of “cause,” “no fault” or negotiated circumstances).
- Acted as U.S. counsel to non-U.S. fund sponsors raising capital from U.S. investors and/or making U.S. investments.
- Advise independent sponsors on the structuring and closing of their deals.
- Extensive experience assisting clients with forming (or investing) in parallel and/or feeder fund structures.