Last modified: October 12, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic communications between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications that we may develop in the future which you download from this Website or a mobile application store or website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- Any other business reason.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is intended for general audiences at least 18 years old and for commercial use. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, uniform resource locator, or IP address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, uniform resource locator, the dates and times you access the Website, IP address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment and uniform resource locator you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, uniform resource locator, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, if any, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including, without limitation, the “Contact Us” form or by calling us at any telephone number listed on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, uniform resource locator, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, or to request to opt out of behavioral tracking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us, or that may be available on the Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Legal Disclaimer and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lippes Mathias LLP, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how it collects, uses and shares their personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer California residents regarding its handling of their personal information.
We may collect the following categories of personal information: name, address, date of birth, driver’s license information, social security number, email, telephone number, and banking information.
We receive the categories of personal information listed above from you, parties to whom you have directed or authorized our disclosure; and from other service providers.
We may disclose the categories of personal information listed above for its business purposes. We do not sell personal information. We disclose may personal information to third parties for the business purposes set forth herein. Moreover, your personal information may be shared with third parties whom you interact with, or direct us to share your information with through the use of our services.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you (i) the categories of personal information collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such information; (ii) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and (iv) the categories of personal information about you that we shared or disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such information in the preceding twelve (12) months. You also have the right to request that we delete personal information collected from you subject to certain exceptions.
You may make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be required to submit proof of your identity for these requests to be processed as a verifiable consumer request. Such information may include your name, home address, social security number or driver’s license. This information will be used only for the purposes of verifying your identity and processing your request. We may not be able to comply with your request if it is unable to confirm your identity or to connect the information you submit in your request with personal information in our possession. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf subject to proof of identity and authorization.
European Union Data Subjects Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
European Union data subjects have legal rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information. To learn more about each right you may have or to exercise any of your rights please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
You may request that we:
- Confirm whether or not we have and are using your personal information.
- Correct any information about you which is incorrect.
- Ask us to restrict our use of your information in certain circumstances
- Stop using your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Erase your information if you think we no longer need to use it for the purpose we collected it from you or if you have either withdrawn your consent to us using your information (if we originally asked for your consent to use your information), or exercised your right to object to further legitimate use of your information, or where we have used it unlawfully or where we are subject to a legal obligation to erase your personal information.
We can continue to use your information following a request for restriction where we have your consent to use it; or we need to use it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or we need to use it to protect the rights of another individual or a company.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Questions and Contact Information
Lippes Mathias LLP
50 Fountain Plaza, Suite 1700
Buffalo, New York 14202