Mr. Fink, a Partner with Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman and Co-Leader of the firm’s Financial Reorganization, Restructuring, and Insolvency Practice Team, focuses his practice on representing clients in financial reorganization, restructuring and insolvency matters as well as in litigation matters and financial services. He has represented a variety of clients in these types of matters, including private financial organizations, banking institutions, equity funds, secured creditors, lessors and lessees of equipment and real estate, franchisers and franchisees, health care facilities, agricultural lenders, various business enterprises, as well as business owners involved in internal disputes. With more than three decades of experience, he has represented corporate clients in various stages of development, and has earned a reputation for designing creative and effective business strategies. He is also an experienced mediator/arbitrator and a Part 36 certified court receiver.
Mr. Fink is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs sponsored by the New York State Bar Association and the Bar Association of Erie County, and also at in-house seminars for clients.
His experience includes:
- Representation of Senior Continuing Care Retirement Community in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of air freight forwarder in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of asset purchasers in large national chapter 11 case.
- Representation of automobile dealerships in General Motors and Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of retired officers in chapter 11 proceedings Mark IV Industries.
- Representation of mortgage holders in large, complex commercial foreclosures and restructuring of significant commercial mortgage loans.
- Representation of Creditors Committee in Laidlaw chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented a chapter 11 trustee in a complex proceeding involving the closure and potential expansion of a nonhazardous municipal waste landfill.
- Representing numerous secured creditors and equipment lessors in a variety of workouts and bankruptcy matters, including several large national/international banking institutions.
- Representing secured lenders in significant national bankruptcy proceedings, including the cases of The Bennett Funding Groups, et al., C.I.S. Corporation, et al., First Republic Bancorp et al., Peter J. Schmidt et al., and Columbia Gas Transmission Company, et al.
- Prosecuting and defending complex litigation concerning fraudulent conveyances and preferential transfers.
- Representation of business owners in internal disputes, including litigation concerning valuation of ownership interests.
- Practice Teams
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Private Equity
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
University of Toledo, College of Law, J.D., 1977
University at Buffalo, B.A., 1975
- New York State Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Law Section
- Business Corporate Law Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies, Inc., President, 2015-2017
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo, Inc., Board of Directors, Former Board of Directors President, 2003-2005
- Court Certified Mediator
- Certified Receiver
- Attorney Grievance Committee for the Eighth Judicial District, Former Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Former President, 1994-1995
- Former Board Member, Bar Association of Erie County, 1987-1990
- Bar Association of Erie County, Committee on Commercial and Bankruptcy Law, Former Chair, 1985-1987
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2021)
- "Lawyer of the Year" Litigation-Bankruptcy, Buffalo (2012, 2016, 2021)
- "Lawyer of the Year” Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Buffalo (2015)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Buffalo Business First’s Legal Elite of Western New York (2015)
- Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, Who's Who in Law (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®, (2013-2020)
Related ContentView All
In The news
Lippes Mathias Partner, Raymond L. Fink, speaks at length with the Buffalo News on bankruptcy filings amid the pandemic
January 15, 2021
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition Includes 28 Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys
August 20, 2020
In The news
Raymond L. Fink quoted in Buffalo News article "As economy reopens, wave of bankruptcy filings likely on the way"
June 8, 2020
In The news
Raymond L. Fink featured on WGRZ News on Current Bankruptcy Changes for Small Businesses
April 14, 2020
In The news
Raymond L. Fink quoted in Buffalo Business First article "Bankruptcy attorneys: Times are tough for small businesses, but options exist"
April 7, 2020