Mr. Fink is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs sponsored by the New York State Bar Association and the Bar Association of Erie County, and also at in-house seminars for clients.
- Representation of Senior Continuing Care Retirement Community in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of air freight forwarder in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of asset purchasers in large national chapter 11 case.
- Representation of automobile dealerships in General Motors and Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of retired officers in chapter 11 proceedings Mark IV Industries.
- Representation of mortgage holders in large, complex commercial foreclosures and restructuring of significant commercial mortgage loans.
- Representation of Creditors Committee in Laidlaw chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented a chapter 11 trustee in a complex proceeding involving the closure and potential expansion of a nonhazardous municipal waste landfill.
- Representing numerous secured creditors and equipment lessors in a variety of workouts and bankruptcy matters, including several large national/international banking institutions.
- Representing secured lenders in significant national bankruptcy proceedings, including the cases of The Bennett Funding Groups, et al., C.I.S. Corporation, et al., First Republic Bancorp et al., Peter J. Schmidt et al., and Columbia Gas Transmission Company, et al.
- Prosecuting and defending complex litigation concerning fraudulent conveyances and preferential transfers.
- Representation of business owners in internal disputes, including litigation concerning valuation of ownership interests.
- Practice Areas
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Private Equity
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring & Insolvency
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Law Section
- Business Corporate Law Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies, Inc., President, 2015-2017
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo, Inc., Board of Directors, Former Board of Directors President, 2003-2005
- Court Certified Mediator
- Certified Receiver
- Attorney Grievance Committee for the Eighth Judicial District, Former Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Former President, 1994-1995
- Former Board Member, Bar Association of Erie County, 1987-1990
- Bar Association of Erie County, Committee on Commercial and Bankruptcy Law, Former Chair, 1985-1987
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2019)
- 2012, 2016 Litigation-Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo
- 2015 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Buffalo Business First’s Legal Elite of Western New York (2015)
- Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, Who's Who in Law (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®, (2013-2018)