Mr. Hughes is a veteran of the United States Air Force where he served as an intelligence analyst during Operation Iraqi Freedom. During his service, he received an A.A. in Arabic Language Studies.
Before obtaining his J.D., Mr. Hughes gained considerable legal experience through a judicial internship in the New York City Criminal Court under Honorable Matthew Sciarrino, as well as conducting research as a student fellow at the Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights & Economic Justice. He also worked under an internship program in the legal office of NATO Supreme HQ Allied Powers Europe in Mons, Belgium, expanding his knowledge in international legal affairs. Upon his return, he served as Vice President of the Armed Forces Law Society at St. John's University.
Mr. Hughes maintains his commitment to service and his community as an active member of the American Legion and spends time assisting veterans in need through his work with various non-profit agencies. Mr. Hughes also serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors at West Side Community Services, a vibrant community center on the West Side of Buffalo where Mr. Hughes and his family reside.
- Practice Areas
- Corporate & Securities
- Asset Receivable Management & Consumer Financial Services
- Private Equity
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University at Buffalo, B.S., cum laude, 2009
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, A.A., Arabic Language Studies, 2005
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Charles S. Desmond American Inn of Court
- West Side Community Services, Board of Directors, Vice President