Mr. Bocketti is an attorney with more than twenty years of experience in deal-making and transactional matters. He concentrates his practice in the areas of acquisitions, senior finance, private equity and corporate counsel matters.
Mr. Bocketti feeds his entrepreneurial spirit by counseling mature companies through strategic initiatives as well as start-up and emerging companies through their early-stage corporate development. He has served a range of industries, including private and public banking, private equity, technology, e-commerce and financial services.
As leader of the firm’s Banking and Financial Transactions Practice Team, Mr. Bocketti is a veteran of representing senior leaders, mezzanine lenders, equity sponsors and borrowers in senior debt and mezzanine financing arrangements. His representation in these areas has included transactions of up to five hundred million dollars, many of which require complex subordination and tiered-collateral negotiations.
As acquisition counsel, Mr. Bocketti represents private equity firms, independent sponsors and public and privately held companies in acquisitions throughout the region. As a trusted corporate counsel, Mr. Bocketti serves as primary outside counsel to public and privately-held companies on matters spanning from corporate and capital organization to strategic initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures to family and corporate succession.
Additionally, Mr. Bocketti serves as a member of Lippes Mathias' Executive Committee.
Articles & Publications
- Practice Teams
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Private Equity
- Startups and Venture Capital
- Canada-U.S. Cross Border
- Mergers and Acquisitions
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Siena College, B.A., 1994
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/ Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY (2014-2019)
The Best Lawyers in America© (2015 - 2022)
- "Lawyer of the Year" Banking and Finance Law, Buffalo (2021)
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers® (2019 - 2021)
- Business First's Who's Who in Law (2012)
- University of Buffalo School of Law, Dean’s Advisory Council
- Kids Escaping Drugs, Counsel
- APX Energy LLC, Board of Directors
Related ContentView All
2021 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 39 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias
August 20, 2021
34 Lippes Mathias Attorneys Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America©" 2022 Edition
August 19, 2021
Brian J. Bocketti Appointed to the University at Buffalo School of Law Dean’s Advisory Council
April 28, 2021
Perfecting a General Security Interest Against a Series of a Delaware LLC
February 10, 2021
Seven Lippes Mathias Wexler Freidman LLP Partners Named to Buffalo Business First Legal Elite of Western New York 2020
October 5, 2020
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020