Mr. Bocketti is an attorney with more than twenty years of experience in deal-making and transactional matters. He concentrates his practice in the areas of acquisitions, senior finance, private equity and corporate counsel matters.
Mr. Bocketti feeds his entrepreneurial spirit by counseling mature companies through strategic initiatives as well as start-up and emerging companies through their early-stage corporate development. He has served a range of industries, including private and public banking, private equity, technology, e-commerce and financial services.
As leader of the firm’s Banking and Financial Transactions Practice Team, Mr. Bocketti is a veteran of representing senior leaders, mezzanine lenders, equity sponsors and borrowers in senior debt and mezzanine financing arrangements. His representation in these areas has included transactions of up to five hundred million dollars, many of which require complex subordination and tiered-collateral negotiations.
As acquisition counsel, Mr. Bocketti represents private equity firms, independent sponsors and public and privately held companies in acquisitions throughout the region. As a trusted corporate counsel, Mr. Bocketti serves as primary outside counsel to public and privately-held companies on matters spanning from corporate and capital organization to strategic initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures to family and corporate succession.
Additionally, Mr. Bocketti serves on the board of directors for APX Energy LLC, an independent oil and gas exploration company.
Articles & Publications
- Practice Teams
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Private Equity
- Startups and Venture Capital
- Canada-U.S. Cross Border
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Automotive & Truck Finance
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Siena College, B.A., 1994
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Corporate/ Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY (2014-2019)
The Best Lawyers in America© (2015 - 2021)
- "Lawyer of the Year" Banking and Finance Law, Buffalo (2021)
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers® (2019, 2020)
- Business First's Who's Who in Law (2012)
- Counsel to Food Bank of Western New York
- Counsel to Kids Escaping Drugs
Related ContentView All
Seven Lippes Mathias Wexler Freidman LLP Partners Named to Buffalo Business First Legal Elite of Western New York 2020
October 5, 2020
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition Includes 28 Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys
August 20, 2020
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP and Its Attorneys Rank High in Chambers USA 2020
May 4, 2020