Mr. Koeppel acts as counsel to a number of leading funds, independent sponsors, middle market companies, institutional investors, and high net worth investors focused on buy-out, growth venture, real estate, intellectual property, fund-of-funds, co-investments, secondaries and other strategies. He also often acts as US counsel to non-US clients on their US private equity and investment fund transactions. He also serves as a director for two private equity-backed companies.
On the M&A / private equity transactions side, Mr. Koeppel has advised on deals from $5 million to $250 million+ in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, technology, consumer goods, food, distribution, business services, cleantech and medical / health care.
He is a frequent speaker at a number of leading private equity and M&A events. Mr. Koeppel and his team take a pro-active and practical approach to helping clients make connections and successfully navigating the various legal challenges in any private equity transaction. Prior to joining Lippes, he was a partner in the private equity and investment funds group of an AmLaw 100 firm.
- Practice Areas
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate & Securities
- Canada-U.S. Cross Border
- Family Business
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University at Buffalo, B.S. / M.B.A., with distinction
- Upstate Capital, Dealmaker of the Year
- Chambers USA, Leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer
- Chambers USA, Leading Private Equity Lawyer (Investment Funds)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®, Leading M&A Lawyer and Leading Closely Held Business Lawyer
- American Bar Association - Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Middle Market Business Committees
- NYS Bar Association - Business Law
- Vistage - Trusted Advisor
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Upstate Capital Association of New York