Lippes Mathias is well-known in the business community for its Mergers & Acquisitions practice, which includes some of the most experienced attorneys in the firm.
Our mergers and acquisitions attorneys routinely counsel existing entities and investment groups in connection with multimillion dollar stock and asset purchases, mergers and divestitures.
Our team is involved at the earliest stages of structuring transactions to both increase value and manage risk. Once structured, the lawyers at Lippes Mathias negotiate transaction documents, efficiently drawing on their experience representing clients ranging in size from local, family-owned businesses to large, public companies.
A sampling of the M & A work our firm has handled recently includes:
- Our firm handled a $58 million sale of the membership interests in a medical device manufacturer.
- Lippes Mathias served as lead counsel for the purchase of the stock of a manufacturer of products used in the transportation infrastructure market in a deal worth $96 million.
- Handled a $70 million sale of stock of a manufacturer of electronic toll collection systems.
- We represented a local insurance agency in the sale of its business to a publicly listed financial institution. The transaction was structured as a partially tax free forward triangular merger.
- Lippes Mathias represented a local developer in a refinancing of an apartment complex in upstate New York. The refinancing was arranged through an out of state lender and was insured through HUD. The total proceeds of the loan were in excess of $26 million.
- Our attorneys represented a local energy advisory/brokerage firm in a $70 million stock sale.
- Lippes Mathias represented a local publicly-held company in the building products industry in a $116 million deal to acquire a company in the postal products industry.
If you are seeking experienced legal counsel to advise and assist you with a merger or acquisition, our attorneys can meet with you and help you decide the strongest course of action for your business.
Related ContentView All
Six Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Law Clerks Admitted to Practice by Their Respective State Bars
April 15, 2021
In The news
Christina M. Piracci and David J. Yovanoff featured in The Lawyer's Daily "Two lawyers join Lippes Mathias"
December 21, 2020