With extensive legal experience in commercial real estate development, Mr. Wells has represented buyers and sellers of shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, industrial buildings, mixed-use properties, self-storage facilities and mobile home parks in a variety of complex legal transactions. He served as lead counsel on the sale of a $2.2 billion portfolio of 107 shopping centers.
He has substantial experience negotiating franchise, license and operation agreements with national hotel chains including Hilton, Marriott, Choice, Starwood and Carlson. In addition to his work in the law firm’s real estate group, Mr. Wells practices in Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman's Business Practices and Financial Transactions departments.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- Certified Public Accountant (Inactive)
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2015 - 2019)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®, (2016 - 2018)
- Chambers USA, Recognized Practitioner (Upstate New York Real Estate)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Development Advisory Council
- St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute, Board of Trustees