Business & Commercial Litigation
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP's Business and Commercial Litigation Team has a long history of representing clients in all types of business-related disputes and litigation. Our attorneys regularly handle disputes across a broad range of industries for public and closely held corporations, as well as for corporate officers, directors and shareholders. Representative clients include those in manufacturing, private equity firms, financial services, energy, real estate development, healthcare, and many more. Whether you or your business requires assistance in a typical business dispute or a complex multi-million-dollar fraud claim, our attorneys have the broad range of experience to assist you in devising a strategy that best suits the issue at hand. Regardless of the type of dispute, our team prides itself on effectively and efficiently staffing and handling each matter with a creative approach.
Our attorneys regularly practice in state courts, federal courts, and alternative dispute resolution forums across the country and handle all areas of corporate litigation, including, but not limited to the following types of matters:
- Breach of contract;
- Earn-out disputes;
- Business torts;
- Brach of fiduciary duty;
- Tortious interference;
- Shareholder oppression;
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder derivative;
- Contractual indemnification;
- Construction; and
- Judicial dissolution.
Recent representative matters include the following:
- Defending an individual in a tortious interference claim related to a failed real estate development in federal court.
- Assisting a financial services company to secure a multi-million settlement related to a UCC dispute over collateral in federal court.
- Representing an engineering and technologies company in an earn-out dispute before a panel of arbitrators.
- Assisting a member of a limited liability company dissolve a limited liability company through an action for judicial dissolution.
- Representing a real estate investment firm in an action related to an alleged breach of a purchase and sale agreement in federal court.
- Assisting a financial services company obtain a judgment and pierce the corporate veil in a breach of contract claim.
- Representing a shareholder in a derivative action obtain an injunction in state court against a business partner who was alleged to have breached their fiduciary duties to the company.
Related ContentView All
Brendan H. Little Presents During California Association of Collectors Webinar
June 24, 2021