Business & Commercial LitigationCLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF VERSION
Lippes Mathias LLP's Business and Commercial Litigation Team has a long history of representing clients in all types of business-related disputes and litigation. Our attorneys regularly handle disputes across a broad range of industries for public and closely held corporations, as well as for corporate officers, directors and shareholders. Representative clients include those in manufacturing, private equity firms, financial services, energy, real estate development, healthcare, and many more. Whether you or your business requires assistance in a typical business dispute or a complex multi-million-dollar fraud claim, our attorneys have the broad range of experience to assist you in devising a strategy that best suits the issue at hand. Regardless of the type of dispute, our team prides itself on effectively and efficiently staffing and handling each matter with a creative approach.
Our attorneys regularly practice in state courts, federal courts, and alternative dispute resolution forums across the country and handle all areas of corporate litigation, including, but not limited to the following types of matters:
- Breach of contract;
- Earn-out disputes;
- Business torts;
- Brach of fiduciary duty;
- Tortious interference;
- Shareholder oppression;
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder derivative;
- Contractual indemnification;
- Construction; and
- Judicial dissolution.
Recent representative matters include the following:
- Defending an individual in a tortious interference claim related to a failed real estate development in federal court.
- Assisting a financial services company to secure a multi-million settlement related to a UCC dispute over collateral in federal court.
- Representing an engineering and technologies company in an earn-out dispute before a panel of arbitrators.
- Assisting a member of a limited liability company dissolve a limited liability company through an action for judicial dissolution.
- Representing a real estate investment firm in an action related to an alleged breach of a purchase and sale agreement in federal court.
- Assisting a financial services company obtain a judgment and pierce the corporate veil in a breach of contract claim.
- Representing a shareholder in a derivative action obtain an injunction in state court against a business partner who was alleged to have breached their fiduciary duties to the company.
Related ContentView All
Lippes Mathias Partner Brendan H. Little Named to Buffalo Business First's 2021 40 Under 40
September 23, 2021
Lippes Mathias Attorney Adam B. Edgecombe Appointed to City of Jacksonville’s Public Nuisance Abatement Board
September 14, 2021
Richard M. Scherer, Jr. Selected to Join ACA International Judicial Committee
August 27, 2021
Adam B. Edgecombe Named to Florida Trend Magazine’s 2021 Legal Elite
June 30, 2021