Mr. Gaffney has experience litigating in Federal Court, including the settlement of a contract dispute between a regional company and a produce entity in Wisconsin. He has also handled a prisoner’s rights case pro bono in Federal Court for the Western District.
He serves as a member of the Federal Local Rules Committee for the Western District of New York, and has presented on Federal Rules Updates at the annual meeting of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Mr. Gaffney also focuses on breach of contract and construction litigation. His clients include developers, communications companies and property owners. Most recently, Mr. Gaffney represented property owners along a state highway who felt they were not properly compensated for the encroachment on their land by the state when the highway was built.
He is active in a number of professional associations, including the Erie County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and American Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Gaffney is also chair of Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman’s Pro Bono Advisory Committee.
- Practice Areas
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Buffalo Business First 40 under 40 (2014)
- Erie County Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, Board of Directors
- Tour de Cure Fundraiser, Executive Committee Member