Mr. Brownell concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, creditor bankruptcy, landlord-tenant relations, collection law, and estate probate litigation. He also serves the court in a fiduciary capacity in his frequent appointments in commercial cases as a referee, receiver and trustee. Mr. Brownell also has extensive experience representing creditors’ rights in bankruptcy proceedings. Along with his collection practice, Mr. Brownell has litigated on behalf of real estate developers, contactors, purchasers and sellers in various real property sales and construction law disputes. Mr. Brownell also serves as a lecturer for the New York State Bar Association and the National Business Institute at CLE’s on Collection Law and Evidence, and Estate Probate Litigation. He is a member of New York State’s Character and Fitness Committee and is a member and past-president of the Colonie-Guilderland Rotary.
- Numerous appointments by Justices of the New York Supreme Court to act as Receiver for complex and contentious real property and business disputes.
- Represents owners of both commercial and residential property in a variety of land use matters, including nuisance, trespass, adverse possession, and prescriptive easements.
- Successfully litigated a complex breach of contract case against one of the world’s largest commercial and military airplane manufacturing companies in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Has successfully prosecuted and defended restrictive covenants, including non-compete and non-solicitation clauses in connection with the sale of a business.
- Represents several of the Capital District’s largest commercial retail and residential apartment property owners in landlord tenant disputes.
- Routinely drafts and negotiates purchase and sale contracts and leases for some of the Capital District’s largest commercial property owners.
- Successfully litigated on behalf of land owners to annul Town approvals for segmentation violations under SEQRA in an Article 78 petition relating to one of the largest recreational vehicle parks in the State of New York.
- Asset Receivable Management
- Financial Restructuring & Insolvency
- Trusts & Estates
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2005
- Cornell University, B.S. 2001
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Attorney Coach, Voorheesville Mock Trial Team
- Colonie-Guilderland Rotary Club, Past-President
Honors & Awards
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers®, Rising Star (2013-2018)
Related ContentView All
In The news
Conor E. Brownell was mentioned in Hudson Valley 360 Article, "Lawsuit alleges illegal expansion of resort RV park"
November 19, 2021
Eleventh Circuit Rules that a Debt Collector’s Use of a Third-party Vendor Violates the FDCPA
April 21, 2021
New York Nonprofits: Action Required for New Reporting Requirements
April 19, 2021
Chapter 11 Meets Year of the Rat
April 2, 2020
Will the SECURE Act impact your use of IRA funds in your estate plan?
January 10, 2020
2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes Three Albany Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 12, 2019
2019 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 32 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 12, 2019
2018 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 28 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 13, 2018