Ms. Persico, Partner, member of Lippes Mathias' Executive Committee, and the firm's Litigation Practice Team Leader, has extensive experience in business disputes and commercial litigation matters, including contract claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. She also has significant experience in municipal law which includes assisting municipalities in defending 1983 claims, resolving land use issues, drafting local laws and governance issues. Ms. Persico has extensive experience in resolving complex disputes on behalf of her clients using both litigation and non-litigation methods. Each year since 2015, she has been named one of the Legal Elite of WNY by Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal and has been named to the prestigious The Best Lawyers in America © list since 2018. Ms. Persico previously served as Majority Counsel to the Erie County Legislature, and was a long time member of the Board of Directors of the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association.
A lifelong resident of Western New York, Ms. Persico has always been very engaged with her community, serving on the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) Board of Commissioners and as Chair of the Erie County Medical Center Corporation’s Board of Directors. Among other things, she has served on the Board of Shakespeare in Delaware Park, Co-Chaired the Olmsted Parks Conservancy Spring into Summer Luncheon, and was a member of the Erie County Cultural Advisory Board.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- University at Buffalo, B.S.
Honors & Awards
- Buffalo Business First, Power 200 Women List, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018-2024
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers®, 2019-2023
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY, 2017-2020
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: General Commercial (Upstate New York)
- Erie County Medical Center, Board of Directors, Chair
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority, Board of Commissioners
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Director & Treasurer
- Speaker, “ Local Government Property Acquisition: In REM Update and Environmental Liability Considerations,” The County Attorneys’ Association of the State of New York’s 2021 Annual Meeting, Albany, NY, September 14, 2021
Related ContentView All
Upstate New York Super Lawyers 2023 Honors 45 Lippes Mathias Attorneys
August 29, 2023
69 Lippes Mathias Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of "The Best Lawyers in America©"
August 17, 2023
Jennifer C. Persico Named to Buffalo Business First’s 2023 Power 200 Women List
July 12, 2023
New Lippes Mathias LLP Attorneys and Practices Recognized, Others Continue to Climb Regional & National Rankings in Chambers USA 2023
June 13, 2023
2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 48 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias
August 23, 2022
"The Best Lawyers in America©" 2023 Edition Recognizes 48 Lippes Mathias Attorneys
August 18, 2022
Lippes Mathias’ Practices and Attorneys Increase Ranking in Chambers USA 2022
June 2, 2022
Jennifer C. Persico Elected Chair of Erie County Medical Center Corporation Board of Directors
January 27, 2022