Ms. Persico, Partner, member of Lippes Mathias' Executive Committee, and the firm's Litigation Practice Team Leader, has extensive experience in business disputes and commercial litigation matters, including contract claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. She also has significant experience in municipal law which includes assisting municipalities in defending 1983 claims, resolving land use issues, drafting local laws and governance issues. Ms. Persico has extensive experience in resolving complex disputes on behalf of her clients using both litigation and non-litigation methods. Each year since 2015, she has been named one of the Legal Elite of WNY by Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal and has been named to the prestigious The Best Lawyers in America © list since 2018. Ms. Persico previously served as Majority Counsel to the Erie County Legislature, and was a long time member of the Board of Directors of the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association.
A lifelong resident of the area, Ms. Persico has always been very engaged with the Western New York community. She is vice chair and chair-elect of the Board of Directors of the Erie County Medical Center. Among other things, she has served on the Board of Shakespeare in Delaware Park, Co-Chaired the Olmsted Parks Conservancy Spring into Summer Luncheon, and was a member of the Erie County Cultural Advisory Board.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- University at Buffalo, B.S.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2018-2021)
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers® (2019, 2020)
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY (2017 - 2020)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: General Commercial
- Erie County Medical Center, Board of Directors, Vice-Chair & Chair-Elect
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority, Board of Commissioners
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Director & Treasurer
Related ContentView All
Jennifer C. Persico Speaks on Women’s Empowerment Session Panel Hosted by ECMC’s Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
April 20, 2021
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP attorneys to present to The County Attorneys’ Association of the State of New York on Brownfield topics
December 4, 2020
Seven Lippes Mathias Wexler Freidman LLP Partners Named to Buffalo Business First Legal Elite of Western New York 2020
October 5, 2020
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition Includes 28 Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys
August 20, 2020
In The news
Jennifer C. Persico mentioned in Buffalo New article "Three new commissioner to replace Demakos, two others on NFTA board"
July 23, 2020