Mr. Blenk concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, including contract, construction, insurance, employment and property disputes, and governmental litigation, including civil rights litigation, Article 78 proceedings and property tax certiorari cases. Mr. Blenk also advises condominium associations and owners.
While at Boston College Law School, he finished runner-up in the Grimes Moot Court Competition, won the Business Plan competition at the Carroll School of Management and counseled elderly individuals as part of the Law School’s Elder Law Project.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2012
- University at Buffalo,B.A., magna cum laude
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
Upstate New York SuperLawyers®, Rising Star, 2022
- Have Gavel Will Travel, Bar Association of Erie County CLE, October 27, 2022
- City of Buffalo 2020 Property Tax Assessment Revaluation, Erie Institute of Law CLE, November 15, 2019
- General Municipal Law §103 Bid Mistake – Case Study, Greater Buffalo Environmental Conference, March 21, 2017
- Represented business owners in successive litigation initiated by their former partner. Webber v. Webber, 145 A.D.3d 1499, 44 N.Y.S.3d 633 (4th Dep’t 2016); Blue Heron Commercial Grp., Inc. v. Webber, No. 19-12555, 2020 WL 1686824, (11th Cir. Apr. 7, 2020).
- Represented law enforcement officers at trial and obtained judgment in their favor on civil rights claims. Wierzbic v. Howard, 331 F.R.D. 32, 39 (W.D.N.Y. 2019).
- Represented a municipality in an Article 78 on a real property tax question of first impression. LAPC Lofts, LLC v. City of Buffalo Dep't of Assessment, Taxation, 155 A.D.3d 1539, 1539, 65 N.Y.S.3d 361, 362 (4th Dep’t 2017).
Related ContentView All
James P. Blenk and Ian A. Shavitz to Speak at CAASNY Annual Meeting
May 22, 2023
Lippes Mathias' Indian Law Practice Team Secures Victory for Prairie Band of Potawatomi Indians in Federal Court
March 27, 2023
James P. Blenk to Speak as Part of Bar Association of Erie County CLE
October 26, 2022
What the Supreme Court’s Decision in Castro-Huerta Means for Tribal Sovereignty
August 29, 2022
2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 48 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias
August 23, 2022
In The news
Lippes Mathias Indian Law Team Mentioned in Law360 Article "Treasury Urges DC Circ. To Nix Tribes' COVID-19 Funding Suit"
July 20, 2022
Lippes Mathias LLP Elevates Four Attorneys to Partner
January 25, 2022
In The news
Lippes Mathias Indian Law Practice Team, Mentioned in Law360 Article
April 6, 2021