Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman’s Not-For-Profit team has extensive experience representing a variety of tax exempt organizations nationally, including research institutions and educational organizations, family foundations, hospitals and health care systems foundations, charitable organizations and religious institutions.
Our Not-For-Profit team is comprised of attorneys from several practice areas allowing us to provide our clients with thorough, practical and creative solutions and ideas to assist our clients with reaching their business goals.
We assist our tax-exempt clients with:
- Corporate structuring: formations, mergers, dissolutions, joint ventures, creation of spin-offs
- Governance: certificates of incorporation, bylaws, conflict of interest and whistleblower policies, employment contracts and executive compensation, ethics, advice on director roles and responsibilities, document retention policies, and compliance policies and programs
- Compliance with New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act, and advising on not-for-profit legislative updates and government initiatives.
- Tax exemption: initial applications, maintaining and re-instituting tax-exempt status, unrelated business income tax and reporting to the New York State Charities Bureau.
- Intellectual property matters including policies and related transactions.
- Fund Formation
- Legal Agreements: drafting, review, and negotiation of confidentiality agreements, service provider agreements, joint venture agreements, executive compensation and employment agreements, financing documents, and non-disclosure agreements
- Real Estate: leases, purchases, litigation, finance, and title insurance
- Labor & Employment: advice and counsel on employment issues, employee benefits, drafting of employment policies and handbooks, employment litigation, labor arbitrations, and training programs
- Intellectual Property: patents, trademarks, copyrights
- Litigation and government investigations
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Hospitals and Health care systems: advice and general counsel services to hospitals (large tertiary hospitals and regional community hospitals); skilled nursing, home health and long term care providers; hospice providers, ambulatory surgery centers, life sciences and research institutions
- Joint ventures with other not-for-profits and for-profit entities, including spinoffs and service sharing arrangements.
- Establishment of not-for-profit family foundations and not-for-profit affiliates of large institutional clients.
||Conor E. Brownell||Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||518.462.0110 x1427|
||Scott V. Carroll||Partner | Team Co-Leader - Health Careemail@example.com||716.853.5100 x1368|
||Elise M. Edwards||Senior Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org||716.853.5100 x1273|
||Roderick O. Faulk||Counselemail@example.com||210.436.6222 x1590|
||Gregory T. Ivancic||Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||716.853.5100 x1220|
||Brigid M. Maloney||Partner | Team Co-Leader - Health Careemail@example.com||716.853.5100 x1336|
||Brendan J. Rich||Partner | Team Leader - Corporate & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||716.853.5100 x1240|
||David E. Siegfeld||Partner | Team Leader - Trusts & Estatesemail@example.com||518.462.0110 x1425|
||Lauren A. Suttell||Senior Associate | Team Leader - Not-For-Profitfirstname.lastname@example.org||716.853.5100 x1333|
||Christopher A. Walker||Office Partner-in-Charge, Jacksonvilleemail@example.com||904.660.0020 x1501|
Related ContentView All