Scott V. Carroll, Partner and Co-Leader of Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman’s Health Care Practice Team, brings more than 20 years of experience in the Healthcare and Life Sciences practice group to his clients. He has represented everything from health plans, medical groups, hospitals and integrated delivery systems to pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, research institutes and specialty service organizations. He has counseled organizations on complex healthcare regulatory matters, corporate finance and mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures and collaborations, as well as research, development, distribution, and production and manufacturing agreements.
Mr. Carroll has handled large multi-state plaintiff and defense side healthcare litigation matters and civil and criminal fraud and abuse investigations.
Prior to joining Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman, Mr. Carroll worked as General Counsel for a national specialty health services management company, where he was responsible for legal, corporate and product development functions. Scott was also previously Assistant General Counsel at HealthNow New York Inc. d/b/a BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and practiced healthcare law in Washington, D.C., before moving to Buffalo to join BlueCross BlueShield.
- Practice Teams
- Health Care
- Government & State Attorneys General Investigations
- Technology & Life Sciences
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- Catholic University of America
Honors & Awards
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY (2014)
- Buffalo Business First, Who's Who in Law (2005, 2006)
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Buffalo Shamrocks Hockey Club, coach
- Grand Island Soccer Club, coach
- "Providing Healthcare in a Pandemic," Buffalo, NY, November, 10, 2020
Related ContentView All
Is it Time to Permanently Incorporate Telehealth Into Our Health Care Delivery System?
May 25, 2021
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman Health Law Attorneys Present on New Employer COBRA Coverage Obligations
May 10, 2021
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Partner Scott V. Carroll featured as presenter in Western New York Rural Area Health Education Center’s “Providing Healthcare in a Pandemic” webinar series
November 10, 2020
Telemedicine Expansion during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency - Part 1: Medicare
March 26, 2020