Scott V. Carroll, Partner and Co-Leader of Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman’s Health Care Practice Team, brings more than 20 years of experience in the Healthcare and Life Sciences practice group to his clients. He has represented everything from health plans, medical groups, hospitals and integrated delivery systems to pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, research institutes and specialty service organizations. He has counseled organizations on complex healthcare regulatory matters, corporate finance and mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures and collaborations, as well as research, development, distribution, and production and manufacturing agreements.
Mr. Carroll has handled large multi-state plaintiff and defense side healthcare litigation matters and civil and criminal fraud and abuse investigations.
Prior to joining Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman, Mr. Carroll worked as General Counsel for a national specialty health services management company, where he was responsible for legal, corporate and product development functions. Scott was also previously Assistant General Counsel at HealthNow New York Inc. d/b/a BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and practiced healthcare law in Washington, D.C., before moving to Buffalo to join BlueCross BlueShield.
- Practice Areas
- Health Care
- Government Investigations & Enforcement Actions
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Technology & Life Sciences
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- Catholic University of America
Honors & Awards
- Business First of Buffalo and Buffalo Law Journal, Legal Elite of WNY (2014)
- Buffalo Business First, Who's Who in Law (2005, 2006)
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Buffalo Shamrocks Hockey Club, coach
- Grand Island Soccer Club, coach
Related ContentView All
Telemedicine Expansion during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency - Part 1: Medicare
March 26, 2020
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP's Scott V. Carroll Presents at New York State Association for Rural Health 2019 Conference
September 27, 2019
Current Regulatory Status of Cannabis Products on Land Managed by a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe in the State of New York
May 16, 2019
New York Court of Appeals Invalidates Department of Health Executive Compensation Limitation
November 6, 2018