Matthew Hosford, partner with Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in corporate, contractual and transactional matters.
Mr. Hosford provides legal services to hospitals, ambulance providers, physicians and other licensed professionals, nursing homes, home care agencies, trade associations, corporate entities, and other health and non-health care clients with business and transactional needs. Contracts on which he has advised run the gamut from asset and stock purchase agreements to commercial leases and consulting agreements. He has particular experience in advising New York and out-of-state clients on corporate practice issues and related management services agreements for the various licensed professions.
Mr. Hosford’s corporate experience involves the formation of corporate entities, preparation of corporate organizational documents such as bylaws, shareholder, operating and joint venture agreements. He has substantial experience working with not-for-profit corporations, including formation, reorganization, dissolution, asset transfer, tax-exempt applications, compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, and governance issues.
In addition, Mr. Hosford has developed a unique knowledge set to address the array of legal issues faced by medical spas. He regularly counsels medical spa clients on corporate structure, licensure and regulatory matters to ensure they are in compliance.
Articles & Publications
- President Trump Signs Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES), March 27, 2020
- New York State Enacted Budget Included New Limits, Mandates for Licensed Home Care Services Agencies, May 11, 2018
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., 1996
- Union University, MBA, 1996
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A., 1991
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Corporate Law Section
- Health Law Section
- The Addictions Care Center of Albany, Inc., Board of Directors
- Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce Leadership Tech Valley program, 2008
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Contract Negotiations", New York State Veterinary Medical Society, December 3, 2020.
- “Not-for-Profit Corporate Governance Issues During the Pandemic”, Jackson Lewis Albany Virtual Symposium, October 28, 2020
- “Coronavirus in the Workplace: An Employer’s Guide, Association of Corporate Counsel New Jersey”, April 6, 2020
- “Loans, Finance and Staying Afloat in a Time of Covid”, New York State Veterinary Medical Society, April 2, 2020
- “Understanding Contracts and Contractual Liability” New York State Veterinary Medical Society, November 2018
- “Investigations by OPD and Professional Misconduct” Northern New York Veterinary Medical Society, October 2018
- “Not-for-Profit Governance Issues” Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York, October 2018
- “When OPD Knocks on Your Door” New York State Veterinary Medical Society, Power of Ten Leadership Academy, March, 2018
- “Veterinary Professional Misconduct and the Office of Professional Discipline” The Animal Medical Center, September 2017
- “Veterinary Professional Misconduct and the Office of Professional Discipline” Veterinary Medical Association of New York City, September 2017
- ·“When OPD Knocks on Your Door” Hudson Valley Veterinary Medical Society, March 2017
- The American Medical Spa Association (Am Spa) Northeast Regional Regulatory Workshop, February 2016
Related ContentView All
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Partner Matthew L. Hosford Presents to New York State Veterinary Medical Society
January 6, 2021