She also assists physicians and dentists with the purchase and sale of practices and practice formation, including creation of organizational and governance documents, filing documentation, and obtaining proper approvals from appropriate state departments.
Ms. Maloney regularly provides counsel to both in-state and out-of-state clients on New York State corporate practice of medicine rules and requirements for compliance, including structuring “friendly P.C.” relationships and management service organization models.
In addition, she advises a wide range of health industry clients on evolving health care delivery models including accountable care organizations (ACO) and independent practice associations (IPA).
Additionally, Ms. Maloney has extensive experience in assisting clients with corporate compliance program development, audits and effectiveness reviews.
Prior to joining the firm, she practiced health law as a partner at a midsize regional law firm. She also served for ten years as general counsel and chief compliance officer at UB|MD Physicians Group, and for four years advised the county hospital and nursing home as an assistant county attorney for Erie County, New York. In addition, Ms. Maloney served as a board member on the University at Buffalo Health Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB) for eight years.
- Hospital Board Members Must Be Compliance Leaders, Buffalo Law Journal, August 25, 2016
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Dayton, B.A.
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- University at Buffalo School of Law Alumni Association GOLD board of directors (past)
- Olmstead Center for Sight, Board of Directors, 2013 – 2017
- Friends of Knox Farm State Park, Board of Directors
- Buffalo Orienteering Club
- University at Buffalo School of Medicine, Admissions Committee, 2004 – 2012
- University at Buffalo Health Sciences, Institutional Review Board, 2005 – 2013
- Advisor, Six Towns Youth Court, 2000 – 2010
- Attorney Coach, New York State High School Mock Trial Competition, 1999 – 2003
- Town of Aurora Zoning Board of Appeals, 1999 – 2001
- "Ins and Outs of Physician Practice Lease Arrangements to Achieve Hospital and Physician Objectives," American Lawyers Association Conference, February 10, 2020
- Merger and Acquisition Toolkit, New York State Bar Association - Health Law Section Fall Meeting, October 26, 2018
- “Physician Practice Acquisitions: Practice Tips & Considerations," HFMA 2017 Annual Institute, December 7, 2017
- Collaborative Affiliations Among Large Systems and Physician Practices: Tales from the Trenches, New York State Bar Association - Health Law Section Fall Meeting, October 28, 2017
- Home Health Agency Legal Risks: Improper Conduct Involving HHAs, Hodgson Russ LLP, NYC, June 20, 2017
- Whistleblower Avoidance, Western New York Healthcare Association & Rochester Regional Healthcare Association Joint Compliance Conference, May 16, 2017
- Big Data Dialogue: Healthcare, Hodgson Russ LLP, October 6, 2016
- Legal Considerations for Developing a 21st Century Health Care Delivery Model: Issues and Possible Solutions, December 9, 2015
- Stark Law Do's and Don'ts: Best Practices for Physician Financial Relationships, Rochester Regional Healthcare Association and the Western New York Healthcare Association, Joint Compliance Seminar, May 19, 2015
- How to Build an Effective Compliance Program for Your Small Practice Without Breaking the Bank Healthcare Compliance Association - Clinical Practice Compliance Conference, October 14, 2014