Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing financial institutions and sponsors in all aspects of tax-exempt bond transactions throughout the United States. In connection with these transactions, we regularly serve as disclosure counsel, underwriters’ counsel, private placement agent’s counsel as well as counsel to commercial banks and other financial institutions as the bond purchaser or provider of a credit enhancement.
These financings provide support for colleges, private not-for-profit schools and educational facilities for developmentally disabled individuals as well as facilities for various supportive service providers throughout New York State and Florida. These financings are often secured by state, local school district, or other third-party reimbursement revenue streams.
We also have extensive experience in all types of health care and health-related facility financings, from hospitals and nursing homes to a variety of senior living facilities and other continuing care retirement communities, independent living facilities, assisted living facilities and adult homes. In addition, the attorneys in the firm’s health care practice represent a broad cross-section of health care providers throughout the state on myriad matters, including corporate, regulatory and tax.
In the tax exempt bond realm, we are most active with, and have extensive experience in, multi-family housing transactions representing for-profit and non-profit developers and lenders, syndicators and local housing authorities in creative financing transactions supported by Historic Tax Credits and Low-Income Housing Credits and other related subsidy programs for low and moderate income residential projects. These include financings through the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the New York State Housing Finance Agency, the New York City Housing Development Corporation, Florida Housing Finance Corporation and other local housing authorities throughout the United States.
We also represent our clients in all aspects of industrial development revenue bonds as well as taxable and tax-exempt private activity bonds for multi-family housing and community development transactions, including sale/leasebacks, ground and space leases, condominiums, property tax exemptions and PILOT agreements, conventional and subsidized construction and permanent mortgage loans from private sector and governmental sources, in addition to various forms of credit enhancement such as letters of credit, and interest rate protection such as CAPS, collars and swaps.
- Served as bond purchaser counsel on a $22,000,000 bond issuance for a private high school which funded the construction of a new school building and gymnasium.
- Served as underwriter counsel on a $44,000,000 bond issuance for a private university which funded the construction of a new healthcare training facility for the university’s nursing and medical sciences school.
- Served as bond purchaser counsel in connection with a $15,000,000 bond issuance which funded repairs and expansion of a municipal airport.
- Served as counsel to a financial institution providing a credit enhancement during construction of a new multi-family community that also provided support services to its residents.
- Served as borrower counsel on $345,000,000 issuance for multi-state multifamily project acquisition.
- Served as investor/fund counsel on $77,940,000 issuance for multi-state multifamily project acquisition.
- Served as borrower counsel on $66,500,000 issuance for multi-state multifamily project acquisition.
- Served as borrower counsel on $82,040,000 issuance for multi-state multifamily project acquisition.