Ms. Klarin has more than 15 years of experience in immigration, including several years working with one of the world’s leading immigration law firms. She assists clients with the full spectrum of U.S. immigration matters, including visas and immigrant permissions for extraordinary ability, specialty occupation, intracompany transferee athletic, business visitor and USMCA-eligible individuals, and as well as family and employment-based permanent residence. She represents clients from around the globe across virtually every industry, as well as individuals seeking strategic immigration options and solutions.
Ms. Klarin works closely with cross-border Canadian and international clients to help them obtain work authorization and address visa, border, preclearance and other entry issues, and facilitate both frequent and infrequent movement to and from the U.S. for business or pleasure. An avid sports fan, Ms. Klarin also represents several teams and individual athletes in the areas of lacrosse, hockey, football, and equestrian with obtaining status as international athletes, coaches and staff.
Ms. Klarin is also a member of the firm’s Cannabis Practice Group, and is at the forefront of advising clients involved in the business of cannabis, and those encountering personal use issues, regarding risks, restrictions and solutions to enable continued entrance into and activity within the U.S.
Ms. Klarin is a graduate of University at Buffalo School of Law and Saint Lawrence University, and is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Articles & Publications
- Author, “The Good News and Ongoing Challenges of U.S. Immigration in 2021,” Invest Buffalo Niagara’s Access Newsletter, April 2021
- Co-Author, "Suspended Services: U.S. Embassy and Consulates During Pandemic," The Lawyers Daily, August 2020
- Author, "NEXUS “Trusted Traveler” Program", Invest Buffalo Niagara, May 2020
- “Who’s afraid of big bad U.S. immigration policies?”, The Lawyer’s Daily, January 2020
- “Impact of H-1B visa for Canadian workers, U.S. employers," The Lawyer's Daily, May 2019
- "USCIS Completes H-1B Petition Selection Process for FY 2020," The Lawyer’s Daily, April 2019
- “Despite ‘Trumpocalypse’ U.S. immigration still a hot ticket," The Lawyer’s Daily, March 2019
- “Cannabis and the ongoing risks at the border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, December 2018
- “Attitude adjustment: U.S. politics affecting Canadians crossing the border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, July 2018
- “NAFTA: New occupational classifications long overdue,” The Lawyer’s Daily, June 2018
- “President Trump Sends Signals of Possible Federal Rule Change on Marijuana Laws,” Lexology, June 2018
- “Four common reasons for being refused entry to the U.S.,” The Lawyer’s Daily, May 2018
- Elizabeth M. Klarin quoted in article regarding visa applicants social media search, April 2018
- “Taking a hit: Marijuana risks at the U.S. border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, April 2018
- “The ‘90 day rule’: U.S. complicates stance on determining preconceived intent,” The Lawyer’s Daily, March 2018
- “Decision to be or not to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident can’t be made lightly,” The Lawyer’s Daily, January 2018
- “Migrating south: The changing landscape for Canadian snowbirds in the U.S.,” The Lawyer’s Daily, January 3, 2018. (This article originally appeared on The Lawyer’s Daily website published by LexisNexis Canada, Inc.)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- Ontario Canada - Foreign Legal Consultant
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- Saint Lawrence University, B.A., cum laude
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Related ContentView All
Restrictions for many U.S.-bound travelers to be lifted November 8, 2021
October 15, 2021
EB-3 India Retrogresses Back to January 15, 2012 While EB-2 India Closes the Gap and Advances to December 1, 2011
October 14, 2021
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Ending Mass Worksite Enforcement Raids
October 13, 2021
U.S. To Allow Air Travel to U.S. by Vaccinated Travelers, starting in "Early November"
September 21, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Will be Required for Most Intending Immigrants to the U.S. Starting October 1, 2021
August 26, 2021
Elizabeth M. Klarin and Eileen M. Martin Present to Graduate Students at The University of Waterloo
July 29, 2021
USCIS Policy Manual Update Affecting E-2 Investor Visas
July 26, 2021
Canada to Open its Borders in the Coming Months, but the U.S. Won't Reciprocate Yet
July 22, 2021