Ms. Klarin has more than 15 years of experience in immigration, including several years working with one of the world’s leading immigration law firms. She assists clients with the full spectrum of U.S. immigration matters, including visas and immigrant permissions for extraordinary ability, specialty occupation, intracompany transferee, athletic, business visitor and USMCA-eligible individuals, and as well as family and employment-based permanent residence. She represents clients from around the globe across virtually every industry, as well as individuals seeking strategic immigration options and solutions.
Ms. Klarin works closely with cross-border Canadian and international clients to help them obtain work authorization and address visa, border, preclearance and other entry issues, and facilitate both frequent and infrequent movement to and from the U.S. for business or pleasure. An avid sports fan, Ms. Klarin also represents several teams and individual athletes in the areas of lacrosse, hockey, football, and equestrian with obtaining status as international athletes, coaches and staff.
Ms. Klarin is also a member of the firm’s Cannabis Practice Group, and is at the forefront of advising clients involved in the business of cannabis, and those encountering personal use issues, regarding risks, restrictions and solutions to enable continued entrance into and activity within the U.S.
Ms. Klarin is a graduate of University at Buffalo School of Law and Saint Lawrence University, and is also a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Articles & Publications
- Author, "U.S. Immigration: How 'Extraordinary' Do You Have to Be?," The Lawyer’s Daily, October 2022
- Author, "Does U.S. Facilitate Canadian Investment and Trade?," The Lawyer’s Daily,September 2022
- Author, "Delays in U.S. Immigration Administrative Processing: What Can be Done," The Lawyer’s Daily, September 2022
- Author, "Unvaccinated Travellers: Getting Across the U.S. Border," The Lawyer’s Daily, August 2022
- Author, "Athletes: The Right Immigration Status for Each Career Stage," The Lawyer's Daily, July 2022
- Author, “The Good News and Ongoing Challenges of U.S. Immigration in 2021,” Invest Buffalo Niagara’s Access Newsletter, April 2021
- Co-Author, "Suspended Services: U.S. Embassy and Consulates During Pandemic," The Lawyers Daily, August 2020
- Author, "NEXUS “Trusted Traveler” Program", Invest Buffalo Niagara, May 2020
- “Who’s afraid of big bad U.S. immigration policies?”, The Lawyer’s Daily, January 2020
- “Impact of H-1B visa for Canadian workers, U.S. employers," The Lawyer's Daily, May 2019
- "USCIS Completes H-1B Petition Selection Process for FY 2020," The Lawyer’s Daily, April 2019
- “Despite ‘Trumpocalypse’ U.S. immigration still a hot ticket," The Lawyer’s Daily, March 2019
- “Cannabis and the ongoing risks at the border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, December 2018
- “Attitude adjustment: U.S. politics affecting Canadians crossing the border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, July 2018
- “NAFTA: New occupational classifications long overdue,” The Lawyer’s Daily, June 2018
- “President Trump Sends Signals of Possible Federal Rule Change on Marijuana Laws,” Lexology, June 2018
- “Four common reasons for being refused entry to the U.S.,” The Lawyer’s Daily, May 2018
- Elizabeth M. Klarin quoted in article regarding visa applicants social media search, April 2018
- “Taking a hit: Marijuana risks at the U.S. border,” The Lawyer’s Daily, April 2018
- “The ‘90 day rule’: U.S. complicates stance on determining preconceived intent,” The Lawyer’s Daily, March 2018
- “Decision to be or not to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident can’t be made lightly,” The Lawyer’s Daily, January 2018
- “Migrating south: The changing landscape for Canadian snowbirds in the U.S.,” The Lawyer’s Daily, January 3, 2018. (This article originally appeared on The Lawyer’s Daily website published by LexisNexis Canada, Inc.)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- Ontario Canada - Foreign Legal Consultant
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- Saint Lawrence University, B.A., cum laude
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Related ContentView All
Treaty Trader (E-1) visas for Canadian Chiropractors to work in the U.S.
February 22, 2023
Which one is better? Reviewing AOS (Adjustment of Status) vs IVP (Immigrant Visa Processing) for Foreign Nationals Currently in the U.S.
February 21, 2023
Advanced Ability to Pay Analysis for I-140 Filings — Digging Deep to Meet This Requirement
February 13, 2023
Medical Exam Requirements and Questions When Applying for a Green Card
February 8, 2023
UPDATE: COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Remains in Place for Immigration and Travel to the U.S.
February 7, 2023
Back Together Again...For Now: USCIS Will Again Bundle Adjudications for H-1B/H-4/H-4 EAD and L-1/L-2 Filings
January 25, 2023
H-1B Cap Season is Upon Us
January 18, 2023
O-1 Extension Strategy that Saves Money for Clients
January 17, 2023