As a member of the Lippes Mathias Intellectual Property team, Mr. Zanghi handles patent law matters in various technology areas, including electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, software, and computer technologies. He is specifically experienced in areas such as telescopic masts and tower systems, ignition and control systems, digital imaging technology, microprocessor-based control systems, and payment processing systems. He has in-depth experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications and drafting patentability, freedom to operate, and validity opinions.
Mr. Zanghi also counsels clients in the areas of domestic and international trademark, trade dress, domain name, publicity, and copyright, including related Internet issues. Mr. Zanghi oversees domestic and international trademark portfolios for a broad range of clients and advises clients with respect to trademark clearance, registration, policing, licensing, dispute resolution, preparation and negotiation of agreements, and intellectual property asset transfer.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- The University of Akron, J.D., cum laude, 1995
- Cleveland State University, B.E.E., Electrical Engineering, 1988
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- The Lakewood Foundation, Board member
- Lakewood United Football Club, former Board member and Secretary