Ms. Sternheimer, a member of the firm’s Financial Reorganization, Restructuring and Insolvency, Banking and Financial Transactions, and Litigation Practice Teams, regularly appears in state and federal courts throughout New York and New Jersey, representing creditors, defendants and bankruptcy trustees in chapter 11 cases, cross-border proceedings and all types of bankruptcy litigation, including fraud-based actions, claim disputes and non-dischargeability actions and has acted as a discovery master in bankruptcy court. She also represents lenders in the automotive, trucking and equipment industries in complex commercial litigation and counsels clients in commercial loan transactions and all phases of workout and debt restructuring matters. Ms. Sternheimer is a member of the United States District Court NDNY and the United States Bankruptcy Court NDNY mediation panels and has served as a mediator for both courts.
Ms. Sternheimer is immediate past President of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association and is a past president of the Capital District Women’s Bar Association. She is the immediate past president of The Legal Project's Board of Directors. She was nominated by the Board of Judges for the NDNY Bankruptcy Court and served on the Standing Local Rules Committee from 2012-2015. In December 2010 and again in 2014, she was appointed by the Chief Judge of the District Court for the Northern District of New York to serve four-year terms on the Panel of Attorneys Responsible for the Investigation and Prosecution of Attorney Disciplinary Complaints.
She is a frequent lecturer on topics such as cybersecurity regulations, bankruptcy litigation and distressed assets.
She began her career as law clerk to the Hon. William F. Tuohey, United States Bankruptcy Judge, District of New Jersey, and as an associate in the bankruptcy department of a prominent New Jersey firm. Prior to joining Lippes Mathias, Ms. Sternheimer was the managing partner of Deily & Glastetter, LLP in Albany, New York.
- Practice Teams
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Automotive & Truck Finance
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 1993
- Union College, B.S., 1987
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Albany County Bar Association
- Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York - Panel of Attorneys Responsible for the Investigation and Prosecution of Attorney Disciplinary Complaints
- Northern District of New York, Local Bankruptcy Rules Standing Committee (2010-2018)
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York
Honors & Awards
- Capital District Women's Bar Association, Pro Bono Award (2007)
- The Legal Project, Kurt Clobridge Award, 2005
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® (2009-2020)
- Martindale Hubbell®, AV Preeminent®
- Litigation Counsel of America™, Fellow
Related ContentView All
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
In The news
Albany Business Review article "Western New York law firm expands Albany practice, becomes one of area's largest firms"
February 5, 2020
In The news
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP featured in Albany Business Review article "Western New York law firm expands Albany practice, becomes one of area's largest firms"
February 5, 2020
Six Attorneys Join Lippes Mathias Via Combination with Deily & Glastetter, LLP
February 3, 2020