Ms. Hoffman’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and dispute resolution, and represents national lenders in matters involving complex consumer and commercial bankruptcies.
She has also represented numerous bankruptcy trustees, creditor’s committees, and commercial clients in large liquidation cases dealing with preferences, fraudulent conveyances, and insider transfer recoveries.
Ms. Hoffman provides counseling on consumer finance regulatory compliance to national lenders. She regularly addresses comprehensive federal and state regulatory compliance issues related to consumer finance, automotive financing, collections, risk avoidance, credit reporting, and governmental investigations and examinations. She also assists clients in developing best practices and conducts in-house training.
Prior to joining Lippes Mathias, Ms. Hoffman was a partner with Deily & Glastetter, LLP in Albany, New York.
- Practice Teams
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Automotive & Truck Finance
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., 1997
- Le Moyne College, B.A., 1993
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® (2017, 2020)
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Pro Bono Award (2009)
- Legal Aid Society
- The Legal Project
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE), Volunteer
- “The Top Ten Things Every Creditor Must Do Now,” NYSSPCA, July 2020
Related ContentView All
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
Lippes Mathias Partners Leigh Hoffman and Joann Sternheimer present “The Top Ten Things Every Creditor Must Do Now” to the NYSSPCA
July 28, 2020
In The news
Albany Business Review article "Western New York law firm expands Albany practice, becomes one of area's largest firms"
February 5, 2020
Six Attorneys Join Lippes Mathias Via Combination with Deily & Glastetter, LLP
February 3, 2020