Mr. Wilson, a partner at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP and co-leader of the firm's Immigration Practice Team, focuses on building long-lasting relationships with clients as a trusted advisor as opposed to simply completing specific transactions and filings. He represents companies, major league sports teams and individuals in all areas of immigration law, including non-immigrant and immigrant employment-based immigration matters. This includes preparing case-specific strategies to address both short and long-term objectives. Mr. Wilson has extensive experience with challenging H-1B, NAFTA TN and O-1 extraordinary ability cases. He is often called upon by other AILA immigration attorneys to help with difficult NAFTA TN matters. Mr. Wilson also handles all green card matters including EB-1, EB-2 and PERM labor certification filings. In addition, he represents individuals and families with family-based immigration filings, as well as waivers for admissibility issues.
Articles & Publications
- Author, "Why Is Your Case Taking So Long? USCIS Processing Delays Have Now Hit Crisis Levels," May, 2019
- Inside the Minds: Employing International Workers, 2011 Ed, Aspatore Books, A Thomas Reuters Business, 2011
- TNs for Non-Degreed Professionals- Part of the NAFTA Family, AILA’s Immigration Practice & Procedure Under The North American Free Trade Agreement, 3rd Addition, 2006
- Living in America: A Canadian’s Guide to Understanding U.S. Immigration Law, CCH Canadian Limited’s Cross-Border Relocation Law, 2003
- TNs for Computer Professionals Under NAFTA, Immigration Practice & Procedures Under The North American Free Trade Agreement, 2nd Edition, 2001
- Practice Areas
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- University of New Hampshire, B.A.
- Ridley College, St. Catharines, Ontario
- Society for Human Resource Management
- American Immigration Law Association – AILA
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Immigration Law , “Lawyer of the Year” Immigration Law, Buffalo
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®
- The International Who’s Who of Corporate Business Lawyers
- The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers
- Recent Changes with TNs, Upstate New York Annual Conference, 2017
- NAFTA Cases at the Port of Entry, Upstate New York Annual Conference, 2016
- Unique Issues for the Border Practitioner, Immigration Law Update for the Northern Border Practitioner, 2012
- Border Issues, 9th Annual AILA New England Immigration Law Conference, 2012
- Immigration Law: Getting the Inside Track, 7th Annual AILA New England Immigration Law Conference, 2010
- Immigration Compliance and Avoiding Liability, Employment Law in Upstate New York, 2009
- U.S. Immigration Options for Canadians, U.S. and Canadian Immigration Law Perspectives on the North American Free Trade Agreement in the Post 9/11 Era, 2008
- Immigration Compliance, Employee Handbooks: Everything You Need to Know to Keep You Out of Trouble, 2008
- Recent Changes in Immigration Law that Affect HR Decision Making, SHRM’s 38th Annual Staffing Management Conference & Exposition, 2007
Related ContentView All
In The news
Andrew M. Wilson quoted in SHRM article "H-1B Filers Rethinking Their Petitions After Pandemic"
April 29, 2020
In The news
Andrew M. Wilson quoted in SHRM article "Trump’s Immigration Ban Limited in Duration, Scope"
April 23, 2020