Update on Stateside Visa Renewal Pilot Program - Obtain Visa Stamps in the U.S.
This document will outline the eligibility criteria for participation in the new stateside visa renewal pilot program.
AILA has reported that the program will:
- Begin in early 2024;
- Be limited to H-1B principals only;
- Be limited to nationals of countries that are not subject to reciprocity fees;
- India will be one of the eligible countries to participate in the pilot program;
- Have similar requirements like as the interview waiver program;
- Be available for 20,000 applicants; and
- Be voluntary participation.
The initial launch of the program will be limited so that the DOS can work through any operational issues and plan for further expansion of the program into the future.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from our firm or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.