Former Assistant United States Attorney, Scott S. Allen, Jr., focuses his practice on government investigations and compliance matters. As a federal prosecutor, Mr. Allen oversaw white-collar fraud and child exploitation investigations and prosecuted federal felonies in the Western District of New York. Before joining the United States Attorney’s Office, Mr. Allen served as a prosecutor in the United States Marine Corps. Mr. Allen continues to serve as a Major in the Marine Corps Reserves.
Mr. Allen has logged hundreds of hours in federal and military courts at all stages of a criminal case. With seven years of prosecutorial experience, Mr. Allen has a fine-tuned understanding of how to lead an investigation and build a viable case.
Mr. Allen is a 2010 graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law where he was a member of the National Trial Team and Managing Editor of the Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender & Class.
Mr. Allen grew up on a family farm in Baldwinsville, New York. He ran varsity track in high school and college, and is an active volunteer with Friends of the Night People in Buffalo.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University at Buffalo, M.B.A., 2007
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.S., 2005
- Leadership Buffalo, Class of 2020
- Friends of the Night People, Board of Directors