Christian’s practice focuses on corporate compliance, government ethics, lobbying compliance, and white-collar crime as part of our Government & Corporate Investigations Practice Team. He regularly advises individuals and corporations on compliance with federal, state, and local laws concerning government ethics and lobbying. Christian represents individuals, businesses, and institutions in complex civil litigation, government administrative investigations, cases against the State Attorney General, and white collar criminal defense matters. He has been engaged by Fortune 500 companies and otherwise leading companies in the financial, health care, retail, environmental, transportation, and energy sectors to conduct sensitive regulatory and criminal investigations on national and state levels. Christian has also served as trial counsel, co-counseling a four-week felony jury trial leading to an acquittal of the most serious charge in the indictment.
Christian regularly advises individuals and corporations on compliance with federal, state, and local laws concerning government ethics and lobbying. He also supports clients engaged in complex regulatory matters and is experienced handling matters for clients in the medical marijuana and cannabis industries as well as the racing and gaming industry.
While in law school, Christian was accepted into the TI:GER Program where he worked on a start-up project to identify regulatory pitfalls and establish compliance programs to assist in successfully bringing a product to market.
Prior to law school, Christian’s experience includes internships in the South Carolina Office of the Governor and the South Carolina Department of Commerce. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of South Carolina.
- Government & Corporate Investigations
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with Honors 2019
- University of South Carolina, B.A., magna cum laude, 2016
- New York State Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- The Federalist Society
- Trial co-counsel in a four week white-collar felony jury trial.
- Co-counsel appearing on behalf of clients in front of an Administrative Law Judge for various state agencies including the Office of the Medicaid Inspector General and the Department of Transportation (DOT). In the case of the DOT, after hearing oral arguments and questioning of the DOT Inspector, the Associate Counsel for DOT dropped the charges against our client.
- Member of attorney team that provides advice on lobbying compliance to organizations required to register as lobbyists in New York State. Assist clients to remain compliant by filing bimonthly and semi-annual reports.
- Member of attorney team that provides advisory opinions to corporations across several industries regarding ethical issues. These issues concern conflicts of interest, post-employment restrictions, the prohibition against giving gifts to public officials, disclosure and recusal requirements under the General Municipal Law, and filing requirements under the Lobbying Law and Procurement Lobbying Law
Related ContentView All
Lippes Mathias Promotes 21 Attorneys Across its National Footprint
December 20, 2023
The Failure of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank
March 14, 2023
Understanding the Rules Surrounding Campaign Donations
February 7, 2023
New Training Requirements - New York State Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government Now Requires Training for Lobbyists and Clients of Lobbyists
January 17, 2023
In The news
Government Investigation Team Featured in New York Law Journal "Buffalo-Based Lippes Mathias Stacks Government Investigations Practice With New Hires"
September 26, 2022
Lippes Mathias Reinforces Government & State Attorneys General Investigations Practice with Four Additions
August 17, 2022