Alessandro Apolito, a member of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Practice Team, focuses his practice on estate planning, trust and estate administration, and probate, trust, and guardianship litigation.
Mr. Apolito's estate planning practice allows him to help individuals plan for their future. He focuses on each client’s wishes and provides them with the tools to make sure their wishes are carried out. He assists his clients with the preparation of wills and or trusts, durable powers of attorney, declarations of health care surrogate, and living wills.
His probate and trust litigation experience includes representing both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in will contests, breaches of fiduciary duty, undue influence, removal of fiduciaries, and accounting matters. His guardianship cases have involved in capacity and guardian disputes. He has successfully resolved these cases after both trial and mediation. This litigation experience allows him to constantly improve his client’s estate planning to try to help them avoid estate, trust, or guardianship litigation in the future.
Lastly, Mr. Apolito’s probate and trust administration experience include both small and large estates throughout Florida. He has represented personal representatives and trustees in administering estates, which includes assisting with the transfer of assets, payment of estate debts, and distribution to beneficiaries. During his time out of the office, he enjoys traveling with his wife and twin sons, playing golf and tennis and cooking.
Articles & Publications
- Author, "Young Lawyers: Paternity leave: I did it and you should, too," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), July 5, 2019
- Author, "Social enterprises show us that business with a purpose is possible" Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record) March 5, 2018
- Author, "How we can help curb teen violence in our city," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), January 16, 2017.
- Author, "Young lawyers, it's never too early to start building your future," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), October 19, 2005.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Drew University, B.A., 2005
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- St. Johns Chamber of Commerce
- Young Lawyers Section of Jacksonville Bar Association, President
Honors & Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2017-2019)
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Florida Coastal Law Review
- Florida Coastal Moot Court
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Anthony J. Stinson Association for Change
Related ContentView All
In The news
Ponte Vedra Beach Recorder features Lippes Mathias' office, "Ponte Vedra Division’s Chamber before hours hosted at local law firm"
October 17, 2019
In The news
Article written by Alessandro A. Apolito featured in Ponte Vedra Recorder
September 26, 2019
In The news
Edward C. Akel and Alessandro A. Apolito featured in Ponte Vedra Recorder "2019 Florida Super Lawyers recognizes 2 attorneys from Lippes Mathia Wexler Friedman"
June 13, 2019
2019 Florida Super Lawyers Recognizes Two Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
May 30, 2019