Probate and Trust Litigation attorney Alessandro A. Apolito, a Partner in Lippes Mathias' Trusts & Estates Practice, focuses on probate, trust, and guardianship litigation including: breach of fiduciary duty claims, undue influence, accountings, improper distribution of assets, will and trust contests, removal of personal representatives (executors), trustees, and guardians, and incapacity proceedings.
Alessandro's estate planning practice allows him to help individuals plan for their future. He focuses on each client's wishes and provides them with the tools to make sure their requests are fulfilled. He assists his clients with the preparation of wills and or trusts, durable powers of attorney, declarations of health care surrogate, and living wills.
His probate and trust litigation experience includes representing both fiduciaries and beneficiaries. He has successfully resolved these cases after both trial and mediation. This litigation experience allows him to continually improve his client's estate planning to try to help them avoid estate, trust, or guardianship litigation in the future.
Alessandro's probate and trust administration experience include both small and large estates throughout Florida. He has represented personal representatives and trustees in administering estates, including assisting with the transfer of assets, payment of estate debts, and distribution to beneficiaries. Also, he represents beneficiaries to ensure they are aware of their rights during the administration process.
Articles & Publications
- Author, "Family Feud Isn’t a Game Show in Trust & Estate Litigation" Attorney at Law Magazine, April 9, 2020
- Author, "Young Lawyers: Paternity leave: I did it and you should, too," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), July 5, 2019
- Author, "Social enterprises show us that business with a purpose is possible" Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record) March 5, 2018
- Author, "How we can help curb teen violence in our city," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), January 16, 2017
- Author, "Young lawyers, it's never too early to start building your future," Jacksonville Bar Association's Bar Bulletin (also appeared in Jacksonville Daily Record), October 19, 2015
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Drew University, B.A., 2005
- Florida Bar Association
- BNI Synergy – Jacksonville
- Young Lawyers Section of Jacksonville Bar Association, Past President
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©, (2021, 2022)
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Lynn Futch Most Productive Young Lawyer Award
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2017-2021)
- Florida Coastal Law Review
- Florida Coastal Moot Court
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Anthony J. Stinson Association for Change
Related ContentView All
34 Lippes Mathias Attorneys Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America©" 2022 Edition
August 19, 2021
The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition Includes 28 Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys
August 20, 2020
In The news
Alessandro A. Apolito featured in Jax Daily Record article "Statewide honors for Jacksonville legal community"
July 7, 2020
Alessandro A. Apolito Serves as Panelist at Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association Luncheon on Parental Leave
June 19, 2020
In The news
Alessandro A. Apolito featured in Jax Daily Record article "Judge Brian Davis, attorney Alessandro Apolito and Orr | Cook law firm recognized."
June 16, 2020
2020 Florida Super Lawyers Recognizes Alessandro A. Apolito From Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
June 4, 2020