Charles E. Telford, III
Mr. Telford practices in a broad range of domestic and international estate planning matters with an emphasis upon business succession, asset protection, and loss of citizenship in the U.S. and Ontario.
He works with clients in the U.S. and Canada with respect to U.S. corporate, gift, and income tax matters, and frequently assists Canadian lawyers, accountants and other professionals to eliminate U.S. transfer tax exposure upon the receipt of a Canadian inheritance by a U.S. resident.
Mr. Telford’s practice includes the preparation of domestic and cross border Wills, complex asset protection and dynasty trusts, together with business governance and transfer agreements
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Estate Analysts of Western New York
- Western New York Planned Giving Consortium and Financial Planning Counselors of Western New York, Inc.
- Canadian Bar Association
Honor & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2018)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® (2012-2015, 2017)
- BV Peer Review Rated for Very High to Preeminent Ethical Standards by Martindale- Hubbell
- Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, Who’s Who in Law, 2012
- “Expanding Your Business into the United States, Cross-Border Strategies One Year in the New Administration," Haltech at Techplace, Burlington, February 28, 2018
- “Cross Border Practice – Legal & Tax Issues," Western New York Estate Analysts, February 5, 2018
Friday, April 6, 2018
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP's Eileen M. Martin and Charles E. Telford, III Participating in Neurose Cross Border Canada-U.S. Breakfast Seminar
BUFFALO, NY – Eileen M. Martin and Charles E. Telford III, partners at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, are participating in Neurose Cross Border’s Canada – U.S. Breakfast Seminar, “Expanding Your Business into the United States, Cross-Border Strategies One Year in the New Administration” on February 28. The firm is also a sponsor of the event … More »
Friday, February 2, 2018
BUFFALO, NY – Charles E. Telford, III, a partner at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, presented on “Cross Border Practice – Legal & Tax Issues” to the Estate Analysts of Western New York on February 5.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Twelve Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys Recognized In “The Best Lawyers In America©” 2018
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP announced today that 12 of the firm’s attorneys have been honored in the 2018 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.” Partner Raymond L. Fink has also been named the Best Lawyers® 2018 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year" in … More »
Monday, August 14, 2017
Twenty-seven Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Recognized by 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP announced today that 27 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected to the 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers and Upstate New York Rising Stars lists.
Thursday, January 5, 2017
"Lippes Mathias adds three partners,"Buffalo News, January 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017
"Lippes Mathias adds three partners to firm fold,"Buffalo Business First, January 2017