Lippes Mathias Partner Johnny Mueller Elected to Global Board of Trustees for the Turnaround Management Association
October 24, 2023 | Press Releases
Lippes Mathias today announced that Johnny Mueller, partner and leader of the firm’s financial restructuring & insolvency practice team, was elected to serve a two-year term on the Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”) Global Board of Trustees, beginning in 2024. Mueller, who is wrapping up a two-year term as president of the Upstate New York Chapter of TMA, was elected to the global board during the 2023 TMA annual conference from October 3-6 in San Francisco.
Mueller concentrates his practice on all aspects of financial reorganization, restructuring and insolvency, including:
- Asset Acquisition – representing buyers of assets in both Chapter 7 and 11
- Debtor Counsel – serving as debtor counsel to clients in bankruptcy courts throughout New York State
- Creditor & Interested Party Counsel – serving as counsel to creditors and other interested parties in bankruptcy courts throughout the U.S. on asset protection and recovery, and the pursuit of secured, administrative, and unsecured claims
- Chapter 15 – U.S. counsel to foreign-based corporate debtors and creditors
- Committee Counsel – representing an entire pool of unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 matters
- Credit Risk Management – working with corporate controllers and accounting departments to address troubled accounts and customers
- UCC Interests & Asset Sales – establishing and perfecting security interests, conducting and participating in Article 9 sale of assets
- Loan Workouts, Private Restructuring & Debt Negotiation – serving as counsel to debtors, lenders, and other creditors in the restructuring of operations and debts outside of bankruptcy
- General Creditor’s Rights & Collections – any industry in court and outside of court.
- Commercial Litigation – state and federal/bankruptcy courts
- Corporate Transactions – input and expertise regarding deal structure, default terms and limitations, and risk management
About the Turnaround Management Association
TMA is the most professionally diverse organization in the corporate restructuring, renewal, and corporate health space. Established in 1988, TMA has almost 10,000 members in 54 chapters worldwide, including 34 North American chapters. Members include turnaround practitioners, attorneys, accountants, advisors, liquidators, consultants, as well as academic, government employees, and members of the judiciary.
About Lippes Mathias LLP
Lippes Mathias is a full-service law firm with nearly 175 attorneys serving clients regionally, nationally, and internationally. With offices in Buffalo, Clarence, Albany, Long Island, New York, Rochester and Saratoga Springs, N.Y.; Greater Toronto Area; Chicago, Ill.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Cleveland, Ohio; San Antonio, Texas; Oklahoma City, Okla. and Washington, D.C., the firm represents publicly and privately-owned companies, private equity and venture capital firms, real estate developers, financial institutions, municipalities, governmental entities, and individuals.
Upstate New York Super Lawyers 2023 Honors 45 Lippes Mathias Attorneys
August 29, 2023
69 Lippes Mathias Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of "The Best Lawyers in America©"
August 17, 2023
2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 48 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias
August 23, 2022
In The news
John A. Mueller, Co-leader of Our Financial Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Team, Assists Fairport Baptist Homes With a Unique and Complex Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Matter in the Western District of New York
June 9, 2022