John A. Mueller Installed as President of the Turnaround Management Association's Upstate, NY Chapter
January 3, 2022 | Press Releases
BUFFALO, N.Y. – John A. Mueller, Partner, and co-leader of Lippes Mathias LLP’s Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice team, has been installed as president of the Turnaround Management Association’s Upstate, N.Y. chapter.
John A. Mueller concentrates his practice on all aspects of financial reorganization, restructuring and insolvency, including:
- Asset Acquisition – representing buyers of assets in both Chapter 7 and 11;
- Debtor Counsel – serving as debtor counsel to clients in bankruptcy courts throughout New York State;
- Creditor & Interested Party Counsel – serving as counsel to creditors and other interested parties in bankruptcy courts throughout the U.S. on asset protection and recovery, and the pursuit of secured, administrative and unsecured claims;
- Committee Counsel – representing an entire pool of unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 matters;
- Credit Risk Management – working with corporate controllers and accounting departments to address troubled accounts and customers;
- UCC Interests & Asset Sales – establishing and perfecting security interests, conducting and participating in Article 9 sale of assets;
- Loan Workouts, Private Restructuring & Debt Negotiation – serving as counsel to debtors, lenders and other creditors in the restructuring of operations and debts outside of bankruptcy; and
- General Creditor’s Rights & Collections – any industry in court and outside of court.
About the Turnaround Management Association
The Turnaround Management Association (TMA) is the most professionally diverse organization in the corporate restructuring, renewal, and corporate health space. Established in 1988, TMA has almost 10,000 members in 54 chapters worldwide, including 34 North American chapters. Members include turnaround practitioners, attorneys, accountants, advisors, liquidators, consultants, as well as academic, government employees, and members of the judiciary.
About Lippes Mathias LLP
Lippes Mathias is a full-service law firm with more than 135 attorneys serving clients regionally, nationally, and internationally. With offices in Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, and New York, N.Y.; Greater Toronto Area; Chicago, Ill.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and Washington, D.C., the firm represents publicly and privately-owned companies, private equity and venture capital firms, real estate developers, financial institutions, municipalities, governmental entities, and individuals.
Year after year, Lippes Mathias is proud to be recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®, U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers and Chambers USA.
Lippes Mathias Partner Johnny Mueller Elected to Global Board of Trustees for the Turnaround Management Association
October 24, 2023
Upstate New York Super Lawyers 2023 Honors 45 Lippes Mathias Attorneys
August 29, 2023
69 Lippes Mathias Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of "The Best Lawyers in America©"
August 17, 2023
2022 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 48 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias
August 23, 2022
FINANCIAL RESTRUCTURING & INSOLVENCY