Mr. Deily’s practice is focused on complex commercial litigation, commercial lending, problem loan workouts and debt restructure. He regularly represents the firm’s national lender clients in the various state, United States District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions as well as other areas of the country.
With over 40 years’ experience representing lenders and manufacturers in the automotive, trucking and equipment industry, he regularly advises national clients in litigation and workout matters, including lender liability cases, sales and acquisitions and bankruptcies. Additionally, he is directly involved in advising these clients on national loan and litigation policy and loss prevention measures. He also represents private clients in a variety of business matters, including acquisitions of private and publicly traded companies, cross-border transactions, complex commercial transactions, and general business counseling and planning. He also serves as an evaluative mediator in commercial matters.
Prior to joining Lippes Mathias, Mr. Deily was a founding member of Deily & Glastetter, LLP – an Albany-based law firm. As a founding partner, he was responsible for long range, strategic planning and worked closely with the management team on matters relating to information technology. He also led the commercial law and litigation departments.
Mr. Deily is an active member of several bar and professional organizations and a regular speaker at conferences on topics relating to creditor representation, inventory financing, bankruptcy and reorganizations. He has been repeatedly recognized by Upstate New York Super Lawyers® (2009-2017), received an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale Hubbell®, and was selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America™, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
- Practice Teams
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Banking & Financial Transactions
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Automotive & Truck Finance
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1974
- State University of New York at Albany
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association of the Northern District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® (2009-2017, 2020)
- Martindale Hubbell®, AV Preeminent® rating
- Litigation Counsel of America™, Fellow
Related ContentView All
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
In The news
Albany Business Review article "Western New York law firm expands Albany practice, becomes one of area's largest firms"
February 5, 2020
Six Attorneys Join Lippes Mathias Via Combination with Deily & Glastetter, LLP
February 3, 2020
In The news
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, featured in Buffalo Business First article "Lippes Mathias expands Albany operations"
February 3, 2020