Senior Environmental Consultant, Air Permitting and Compliance
Mr. Carlacci serves as Lippes Mathias’ Environmental Consultant where he focuses on technical, legal and policy issues associated with air emissions and impacts to air quality, including emissions permitting, regulatory compliance, testing and enforcement issues. Prior to joining the firm, he spent 38 years at the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), Division of Air Resources, where since 2011 he served as the Regional Air Pollution Control Engineer for western New York. At NYSDEC, Mr. Carlacci was responsible for implementing the Division of Air Resources program, which included air permitting, inspection, and enforcement of major facilities, including facilities associated with the power, chemical, steel and automotive industries, as well as landfills. He has extensive knowledge of state and federal air regulations, policies and procedures and agency guidance, and has worked closely with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), local governments and agencies, and community groups.
- University at Buffalo, B.S., Environmental Engineering
- Numerous USEPA and NYSDEC certified training certifications, including prevention of significant deterioration (PSD), stack testing, Incineration, stationary combustion, and RACT.
Honors and Awards
- Alexander Rihm, Jr. Outstanding Service Award, 2018
- Peter A.A. Berle Memorial Award for Team Leadership, 2017
- William A Foust Award for Distinguished Service to Air and Waste Management Association, 2012