Attorneys From Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard, P.A. Join Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
“Since establishing our presence in Florida with the opening of our Ponte Vedra Beach office in 2017, we continued to seek the right opportunity to grow both talent and reach within the greater Jacksonville metro region,” said Kevin J. Cross, managing partner, Lippes Mathias. “The addition of the experienced attorneys from Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard aligns with the firm’s overall strategy and will be a great complement to our current legal services.”
Lippes Mathias’ new Jacksonville office is located at One Independent Drive, Suite 2301 and its Ponte Vedra Beach office is located at 822 N A1A Highway, Suite 101. The firm now has a total of 29 attorneys and staff between its two Florida offices.
- Daniel D. Akel, partner, concentrates his practice on corporate and business law; mergers and acquisitions; estate planning, probate and trust; and real estate.
- Edward C. Akel, partner, focuses his practice on corporate and business law; mergers and acquisitions; estate planning, probate and trust; real estate; and tax law.
- Kathleen Holbrook Cold, partner, practices in corporate and business law; estate planning, probate and trust; and mergers and acquisitions.
- Musa K. Farmand, partner, focuses his practice in civil and commercial litigation, personal injury and wrongful death.
- H. Leon Holbrook, III, partner, concentrates in civil litigation, corporate and business law, and marital and family law.
- Thomas R. Ray, partner, practices in construction law, corporate and business law, circuit court civil mediation, and labor relations and management law.
- Bethany Ray Reichard, partner, focuses her practice in civil litigation, including commercial and contract litigation, tort litigation, and business transactions.
“After many decades of providing legal services to our clients, we decided that we needed to broaden our practice areas to provide our clients with the best representation possible, and merging with an established and well-respected firm like Lippes Mathias allows us to do that,” said Edward C. Akel, partner. “Together, we will be able to address client needs well into the future.”
In addition to its two Florida offices, Lippes Mathias has offices in Buffalo, NY; Albany, NY; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Burlington, Ontario, Canada.