Attorneys From Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard, P.A. Join Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
May 1, 2019 | Press Releases
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP today announced all seven attorneys from Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard, P.A. have joined the firm, establishing a new office in Jacksonville.
“Since establishing our presence in Florida with the opening of our Ponte Vedra Beach office in 2017, we continued to seek the right opportunity to grow both talent and reach within the greater Jacksonville metro region,” said Kevin J. Cross, managing partner, Lippes Mathias. “The addition of the experienced attorneys from Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard aligns with the firm’s overall strategy and will be a great complement to our current legal services.”
Lippes Mathias’ new Jacksonville office is located at One Independent Drive, Suite 2301 and its Ponte Vedra Beach office is located at 822 N A1A Highway, Suite 101. The firm now has a total of 29 attorneys and staff between its two Florida offices.
“The attorneys from Holbrook, Akel, Cold, Ray & Reichard, P.A. are well established and trusted advisors within the Jacksonville legal community. Their expertise allows us to offer our Florida clients more services and we are excited to have them join us,” said Christopher A. Walker, partner-in-charge of the firm’s Florida offices.
The attorneys joining Lippes Mathias include:
- Daniel D. Akel, partner, concentrates his practice on corporate and business law; mergers and acquisitions; estate planning, probate and trust; and real estate.
- Edward C. Akel, partner, focuses his practice on corporate and business law; mergers and acquisitions; estate planning, probate and trust; real estate; and tax law.
- Kathleen Holbrook Cold, partner, practices in corporate and business law; estate planning, probate and trust; and mergers and acquisitions.
- Musa K. Farmand, partner, focuses his practice in civil and commercial litigation, personal injury and wrongful death.
- H. Leon Holbrook, III, partner, concentrates in civil litigation, corporate and business law, and marital and family law.
- Thomas R. Ray, partner, practices in construction law, corporate and business law, circuit court civil mediation, and labor relations and management law.
- Bethany Ray Reichard, partner, focuses her practice in civil litigation, including commercial and contract litigation, tort litigation, and business transactions.
“After many decades of providing legal services to our clients, we decided that we needed to broaden our practice areas to provide our clients with the best representation possible, and merging with an established and well-respected firm like Lippes Mathias allows us to do that,” said Edward C. Akel, partner. “Together, we will be able to address client needs well into the future.”
In addition to its two Florida offices, Lippes Mathias has offices in Buffalo, NY; Albany, NY; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition Includes 28 Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys
August 20, 2020
Lippes Mathias Partners Amy Habib Rittling and Carol Heckman Named to Buffalo Business First 2020 Power 150 Women
July 29, 2020