Andrea H. HusVar
Andrea H. HusVar is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, where she has a particular focus startups and venture capital and private equity transactions.
A Fulbright Scholar, Ms. HusVar graduated from Georgetown University Law Center and the State University of New York at Buffalo (summa cum laude). After working for several years in the New York City office of Mayer Brown LLP, a leading international law firm, she relocated closer to her Western New York home where she joined the Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP law firm.
In addition to handling complex mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, Ms. HusVar represents entrepreneurs, innovators, start-up companies, private investors as well as venture capital and private equity funds. Her practice experience includes a broad array of venture capital and private equity transactions, including fund formation, capital raising and exit transactions. Her clients are involved in multiple industries, including finance, technology, life science, manufacturing, hospitality, and energy.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
Honors & Awards
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2015
- Fulbright Scholar (France)
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Outstanding Senior Award
- State University of New York at Buffalo Honor’s Scholar (Full Academic Scholarship)
- National Merit Scholar
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, WNY Chapter
- Upstate Venture Association of New York, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Corporation Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- WNY Women’s Foundation, Member of Women in Leadership, Advancement and Fall in Fashion Committees