Travis S. McConnell represents clients in commercial, administrative, and appellate litigation matters focusing on contract enforcement actions and construction-defect defense and advises on regulatory compliance, with a key emphasis on OSHA safety standards. In addition to his litigation and compliance practice, he assists clients in preparing and negotiating construction contracts and other commercial agreements.
Mr. McConnell has been involved in the construction industry since he commissioned into the Army Reserve as an engineer officer in 2013. During his Army career, he trained in vertical and horizontal construction and served as the combat engineer company commander. He currently serves in the Army Reserve’s Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps as Trial Counsel, advising a brigade command overseeing more than 3,000 Soldiers.
In addition to construction, Travis represents clients in various industries, such as real estate, manufacturing, insurance, and mining. He serves diverse organizations, including trade associations, family-owned businesses, multinational corporations, and government entities.
Articles & Publications
- “COVID-19 Restrictions and Heat-Related Injuries and Illness,” Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association, Inc., August 12, 2020
- “Safety Obligations Under OSH Act Can Extend to Non-Employees and Other Trades” Roofing Magazine, July 30, 2020
- “Managing Tragedy, Overcoming Accidents and Fatalities in the Workplace” CoatingsPro Magazine, March 2018
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Florida Institute of Technology, B.S., summa cum laude, 2013
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Florida SuperLawyers®, Rising Star, 2021
- FSU Business Law Certificate, Highest Honors, 2017