Mr. Redeye focuses his practice on Indian law and commercial litigation matters. Mr. Redeye has advised Tribes, and Tribal entities, in a wide range of matters from Treaty rights to corporate matters. He is a member of the Seneca Nation of Indians where he previously served as Chairman of the Board for the Nation’s economic development corporation, Chairman of the Board for the Constitution and Law Reform Subcommittee, a Peacemaker’s Court clerk, a Tribal Law Advocate, and a Law Clerk in the Department of Law.
Mr. Redeye has also been actively engaged in the Native American community. He started the Native American Legal Assistance Clinic to assist low-income Native Americans in the Western New York region. Mr. Redeye received two awards for his work in starting the Native American Legal Assistance Clinic from the Erie County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
Recently, Mr. Redeye was appointed to the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates, the policy-making body of the New York State Bar Association.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2017
Syracuse University, B.A., 2013
- New York State Bar Association
- House of Delegates
- House of Delegates
Honors & Awards
- Upstate New York SuperLawyers®, Rising Star (2020)
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel Outstanding Pro Bono Volunteer Award, 2020
- Bar Association of Erie County Volunteer Lawyers Project, Community Leader Award, 2019
- Mary Beth & W. Richard West, Jr. Award for Excellence in Indian Law, UNM School of Law, 2017
- National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court, 2016, 2017
- Native American Legal Assistance Clinic, Founder
- Presenter, "Diversifying the Legal Profession" Indigenous Law and Policy Center/Tribal In-House Council Association Indigenous Law Conference, October 9, 2019
Related ContentView All
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Associate Lee M. Redeye to Serve as Panelist for University at Buffalo School of Law American Constitution Society Discussion on Tribal Sovereignty
November 23, 2020
2020 Upstate New York Super Lawyers Recognizes 36 Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
August 21, 2020
Lippes Mathias Associate Lee. M Redeye Appointed to New York State Bar Association House of Delegates
June 18, 2020
In The news
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP featured in Law 360 article "Tribe Sues Treasury Over 'Flawed' Metric For Virus Funds"
June 8, 2020
All-Tribes Consultation Calls with the Departments of Treasury and Interior
March 31, 2020