Donell L. Gibson, Jr.
Candidate for the Bar
Mr. Gibson will focus his practice in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Practice Group. Prior to joining the firm as an attorney (admission pending), Mr. Gibson participated in the firm’s 2017 Summer Associate program. While in law school, Mr. Gibson worked as a judicial clerk to the Honorable William M. Skretny in U.S. District Court, and as a student-attorney who represented patients of Roswell Park Cancer Institute through UB Law’s Health Justice Law & Policy Clinic. He also served as an assistant high school mock trial coach through UB Law’s Future Advocates In Training program and Managing Editor of the Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal. Additionally, Mr. Gibson held several leadership positions during law school, including his tenures as President of UB Law’s chapter of the National Black Law Students Association and Treasurer of the organization’s Northeast Region.
Honors & Awards
- UB Law Alumni Association GOLD Group Award, 2018
- Minority Bar Foundation of Western New York, Inc. Award, 2018
- David Kochery Award, 2018
- John L. Hargrave Scholarship Award, 2017
- Monique E. Emdin Award, 2017
- Changemakers 30 Under 30 Award, 2017
- Christopher A. & Diane L. Wightman Scholar, 2015
- UB Law Alumni GOLD Group, Board of Directors
- King Center Charter School, Board of Directors
- Say Yes Buffalo, Mentor
- Boys 2 Men Mentoring - Elim Community Corporation, Mentor
Monday, October 1, 2018
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP's Donell L. Gibson, Jr. Appointed to King Center Charter School Board
BUFFALO, NY – Donell L. Gibson, Jr., a law clerk (admission pending) with Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP, was recently appointed to the board of trustees at King Center Charter School.