Litigation Legal Assistant - Buffalo, NY
The Litigation Practice Group at Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman regularly serves clients across the country. From individuals and closely held companies to large multi-national corporations, our litigators represent clients in many state, federal and appellate courts throughout the United States. We additionally regularly appear before governmental/administrative boards, agencies and commissions as well as arbitration and mediation panels.
- Maintaining Time Entry for billable hours
- Formatting/Drafting briefs, pleadings and other legal documents
- Monitoring and updating attorney and docket calendar(s)
- Filing legal documents with the State and Federal Electronic Court Filing Systems
- Prepare Memorandums for opening new matters
- Create/maintain electronic directories
- Create/maintain filing
- Prepare and send out transmittal letters
- Saving, printing, scanning and filing of all transmittal documents on each file
- Delivery Requests when necessary
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Law firm environment experience a plus
- Accurate typing speed of 65+ wpm required
- General office and computer experience required
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Reliable attendance a must
- Experience with editing, revising and drafting of legal documents.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal court rules
- Working knowledge of Pacer Systems and ECF
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work products.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman is a growing law firm with 100 attorneys located in eight offices. We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff, paralegals and attorneys to meet the expectations of our clients. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude of serving the client’s needs. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial, informal and open.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in this position please send a cover letter and resume to: Careers@lippes.com