Business Development Coordinator, Intellectual Property, Cleveland, OH
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Business Development Coordinator plays a critical role in providing strategic direction and managing the tactical delivery of business development initiatives for the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Team. This highly visible team member will develop and support initiatives that help drive new business from both existing clients and prospects and foster a culture of collaboration and cross-selling. The Business Development Coordinator function is crucial to the day-to-day success of the business and this individual will play an essential part in this model.
Role and responsibilities
Role and responsibilities
- Practice strategy, planning and execution: Working closely with the attorneys to develop and implement the business development strategy and plans for the IP practice and its attorneys. Provide continuous assessment of existing business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
- Pitches, proposals and credentials: Working directly with the attorneys to create competitive proposals, pitches and presentations for work originating in the IP practice
- Cross-practice & cross-office integration: Using an understanding of the firm and its business development network, coordinate existing projects and actively seek out and develop new opportunities.
- Market Research: Conducting market research on existing and prospective clients and market issues which may impact clients' businesses and providing advice on effective marketing strategies to address these issues.
- Marketing discussion & review: Attending meetings with the practice teams to review progress on marketing projects and key client targeting; ensuring relevant information from these meetings is circulated to other relevant internal groups.
- Profile/PR: Working with our PR team to spot opportunities and maintain effective press coverage on major market developments. Responsible for ensuring a timely flow of information on matters and expertise that can be leveraged for internal knowledge and external PR purposes, content marketing and thought leadership opportunities.
- Sponsorships and client events: Identifying and coordinating firm sponsorships of conferences and hosted events that enhance the IP team’s profile, including speaking engagement pitching.
- Responsible for overall department and practice messaging in marketing materials, external website and legal rankings and surveys.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external organizations that are strategically relevant. Where the external relationship includes a financial commitment to sponsor the organization, ensure that we are leveraging the sponsorship to its maximum capacity, monitor and report on ROI and provide recommendations for future investments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 to 8 years of professional services experience working in a high-profile, fast-paced environment, preferably in a law firm setting with exposure to Intellectual Property law.
- A tenacious, proactive approach to achieving results
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and drive forward multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of markets in which your practice areas operate.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Lippes Mathias is a full-service law firm with nearly 170 attorneys serving clients regionally, nationally, and internationally. With offices in Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, Long Island, and New York, N.Y.; Greater Toronto Area; Chicago, Ill.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Cleveland, Ohio; San Antonio, Texas; and Washington, D.C., the firm represents publicly and privately-owned companies, private equity and venture capital firms, real estate developers, financial institutions, municipalities, governmental entities, and individuals.
Interested applicants shall submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.