Senior Assistant Controller, Buffalo, NY
The Buffalo office of Lippes Mathias LLP is seeking a Senior Assistant Controller to join our Firm. This administrative position will work closely with the accounting department and the Chief Financial Officer.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Assist the CFO with management of all accounting operations including Billing, A/P and A/R
- Research, support, test, and roll out potential new financial systems
- Oversee banking and commercial card transaction tracking systems
- Oversee the general ledger interface for processing payroll
- Create develop and maintain various financial models
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assist in preparing financial statements and providing analyses as needed
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Provide financial analysis support for insurance legal work
- Assist with year-end compensation review and notification process
- Issue W-9’s and process year-end 1099’s
- Additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required / MBA a plus but not required
- Law firm experience also a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Motivated, detail-oriented, organized team player with a positive attitude
- Good problem-solving ability
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information
Lippes Mathias is a full-service law firm with nearly 170 attorneys serving clients regionally, nationally, and internationally. With offices in Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, Long Island, and New York, N.Y.; Greater Toronto Area; Chicago, Ill.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Cleveland, Ohio; San Antonio, Texas; and Washington, D.C., the firm represents publicly and privately-owned companies, private equity and venture capital firms, real estate developers, financial institutions, municipalities, governmental entities, and individuals.
Year after year, Lippes Mathias is proud to be recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®, U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers and Chambers USA.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.