Paralegal, Trusts & Estates, Buffalo, NY
The Buffalo office of Lippes Mathias LLP is seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our Trusts & Estates practice group. The ideal candidate would have general corporate law firm experience as well as familiarity with trusts & estates. The right candidate is eager and quick to learn, has high energy, and especially enjoys providing high-quality and personalized service to clients with whom you will have direct contact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and filing Surrogate's Court probate and administration documents
- Managing estate and probate caseload and calendars under attorney supervision
- Obtaining asset information through contact with clients, accountants, and financial institutions
- Utilizing probate and tax software to prepare inventories, court accountings, distribution schedules, and basic fiduciary returns
- Preparing powers of attorney and health care proxies
Our ideal Paralegal will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a law firm environment
- Experience with probate document preparation and electronic filing/tax software
- Knowledge of surrogate court rules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of ProLaw or similar document management systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills, including the ability to work with clients, attorneys, fiduciaries, and professional advisors
- Ability to effectively work within a team, including delegation of work to a legal assistant as appropriate
- Ability to complete projects with little oversight and direction
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work products
- Accurate typing speed of 60+ wpm required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Reliable attendance
Lippes Mathias LLP is a growing law firm with more than 135 attorneys and 225 total employees located in eight offices (Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Jacksonville, Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City and Greater Toronto Area). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial and open.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.