IT Technician, Jacksonville, FL
The Jacksonville, FL office of Lippes Mathias LLP is seeking an experienced IT Technician to join our team. Lippes Mathias is a growing law firm with over 135 attorneys and 210 total employees located in 8 offices (Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Jacksonville, Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City and Burlington, Ontario). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff, paralegals and attorneys to meet the expectations of our clients. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude of serving our clients’ needs. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial and open.
How many software programs, business applications, and operating systems does the organization support?
Lippes Mathias uses ProLaw as the Firm’s DMS. The Firm also uses SoftPro, Best Case, HotDocs, Totality just to name a few additional applications used. There is a greater reliance on technology. Naturally, that will lead to a variety of technology-related issues, and potentially a higher percentage of issues with immediate business impact.
- Handle help desk requests for the Jacksonville office as primary also assist with Albany, Buffalo, and Washington, D.C.
- Provide technical assistance and support for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Assist with project implementation
- Conduct IT orientation for new employees in the Jacksonville office
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal customers
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- 3-5 years experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Previous law firm experience preferred
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of MS office automation products, databases and remote control
- Active Directory and basic server administration
- Basic LAN/WAN network communication protocols
- Familiar with Citrix virtual desktop
- Familiar with VMware for basic server management
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Must demonstrate sound judgment while under situational stress
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality