Operations Assistant, Jacksonville, FL
The Jacksonville office of Lippes Mathias LLP is seeking an Operations Assistant. This position requires professionalism and confidentiality. We are looking for a highly dependable individual who has a positive attitude, is organized and willing to learn. The Operations Assistant must have a valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle for pickup and delivery requests.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Order office supplies and monitor supply inventory
- Stock paper at all printers/copy machines daily
- Stock snack bins, coffee bars, monitor and replace toner cartridges
- Greet guests and vendors and direct them appropriately
- Collect, seal, and stamp outgoing mail using postage meters and envelope sealers
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain general cleanliness of conference rooms and office
- Assist Legal Assistants with document management and special support projects, i.e., scanning, copying, filing, etc.
- Complete pickup/delivery requests and general errands
- Clean out workspaces and offices for employee departures and arrivals
- Coordinate with the building regarding building access keys, necessary repairs, and other requests
- Process monthly pre-bills/invoices
- Process check and credit card payments
- Assist in firm-wide or office social gatherings, i.e. holiday breakfast and lunch, volunteer opportunities, special events
- Coordinate with Human Resources for onboarding of New Hires including updating the Operations Manual
- Assist in general IT setup including computers, phones, and docking stations
Our ideal Operations Assistant will have:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a law firm or office setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- General computer and technology knowledge
- General math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to multi-task and to complete projects with little direction
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information,
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
Lippes Mathias is a growing law firm with more than 135 attorneys and 210 total employees located in eight offices (Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Jacksonville, Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City and Greater Toronto Area). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial and open.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.