Legal Assistant, Trusts & Estates Practice, Buffalo, NY
The Buffalo office of Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP is seeking an experienced legal assistant to join our Trusts & Estates Practice Team.
Lippes Mathias’ Trusts & Estates Practice Team serves clients’ needs in the area of estate planning and tax strategy. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to four attorneys and a paralegal focusing in estate planning, estate administration (probate), and trust administration.
Responsibilities will include:
- calendaring dates and deadlines for the department
- drafting, editing, and finalizing correspondence
- preparing engagement letters
- opening and maintaining client files
- processing client bills
- proofreading work including correspondence and legal memos
- interacting with clients by phone and in person
- establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline reminder systems
Our ideal Legal Assistant will have:
- 3+ years of secretarial/executive assistant experience
- Previous experience working in the Estate Planning practice group of a law firm is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, accuracy, solid attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills are required
- HotDocs-Surrogate’s Court forms
- tax and accounting software
- gift and estate tax returns
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman is a growing law firm with nearly 110 attorneys located in 7 offices (Buffalo, Albany, Florida, Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City and Burlington, Ontario). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff, paralegals and attorneys to meet the expectations of our clients. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude of serving the client’s needs. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial, informal and open.