Legal Assistant/ Admin, Washington, D.C.
The Washington, D.C. office of Lippes Mathias is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant/Admin to join our team. The successful candidate will support the team in all aspects of the work of the office and the firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Answer telephone calls in a professional manner, taking messages as appropriate to help attorneys manage incoming calls
- Assisting in the formatting/drafting of legal documents
- Prepare Memorandums for opening new matters
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, to include the consideration of and responsibility for ensuring all necessary arrangements are made for in-person and virtual meetings
- Monitoring and updating attorney and docket calendars
- Maintaining Time Entry for billable hours for attorneys
- Create/maintain electronic directories
- Prepare and send out transmittal letters
- Saving, printing, scanning and filing of all transmittal documents on each file
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Make travel arrangements
- Perform general office and receptionist duties as required
Our ideal Legal Assistant will have:
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ProLaw
- High accuracy rate and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Accurate typing speed of 65+ wpm
- A positive attitude in all aspects of the role, taking personal responsibility and ownership and behaving professionally at all times
- Reliable attendance
- Experience with editing, revising and drafting of legal documents
- Ability to complete projects with little direction
- Ability to use discretion and handle confidential information
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work products
Lippes Mathias is a growing law firm with more than 130 attorneys and 210 total employees located in seven offices (Buffalo, Albany, Jacksonville, Washington D.C., Chicago, New York City and Greater Toronto Area). We rely upon and promote teamwork among staff. We look to hire people who are excellent at what they do and have a positive attitude. We are a firm that values a diversity of ideas and experiences in an atmosphere that is collegial and open.
Please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.